Search

Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2017, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are planning a couples trip with some friends! We are looking at different options in Portugal and Spain! Maybe an island off the coast of either Portugal or Spain. My initial choice was the Azores because it looks absolutely beautiful. However, my husband wants to go somewhere to have beach time, and I’m worried about the weather and lack of beaches in the Azores.

We enjoy hiking, trying different foods, wineries, beach time, and boating! We want to go to one place and stay the entire week so I’d like to go somewhere that has a beach, but also has things to do! May somewhere where we can take a ferry to another island, hike to a secluded beach, or eat at a restaurant with a sea view.

Thank you so much for your help!
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 08:20 AM

You are right about the Azores. They are very beautiful, but there are few beaches. How about going to the Costa de la Luz near Cadiz, the Canaries, or Mallorca. You don't say from where you're coming, and you're only staying for a week ? Almost doesn't seem worth it unless you're flying from Europe on one of the cheap airlines.
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 08:55 AM

MALLORCA !!

We "discovered " it a few years ago... and just went back this past May..

We flew into Barcelona from Greece this time and then grabbed a short flight ( like 20 minutes) to Palma on Mallorca..
This trip we actually spent two nights in Palma and loved it.. our first trip we didn't just arrived and immediately took our transport to the small town we stayed in Cala D'Or.. the beaches are amazing ( small and cove like mostly ) the water is clear and clean.. the people so very nice.. a little bit of heaven.
Old Feb 20th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much!!
Old Feb 20th, 2017, 03:39 PM

We love the costa brave in Spain. Easy to get to from Barcelona, we rented a boat one day and went to some amazing secluded coves. But at night we still had some non touristy town time. We stayed in Begur at the most charming little Inn. We hiked to the beach ( about an hour but a great hike!) then we took the local bus back. I would go back to that area in a heart beat!
Old Feb 20th, 2017, 04:19 PM

heart2travel.. we visited Tossa De Mar on the Costa Brava coast a few years ago now.. and LOVED it too.. its a beautiful area.