Spain itinerary using public transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2022, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for advice on where to spend my 8 nights of travel after finishing a volunteer program in Murcia. We will be using public transportation so that may be a factor in decision making.
Right now I have 2 nights in Granada, 2 nights in Ronda, 3 nights in Seville and an extra day for somewhere. Wondering if I should drop a night in Granada and a night in Ronda and add 2 nights in Cadiz. Or drop Ronda altogether and do 3 nights in Cadiz. I have been to Granada and Seville, but never to Cadiz or Ronda. My SO has never been to Spain at all so I thought seeing the Alhambra is a must and seeing one of the white hill towns might be nice. I'm overthinking this. I don't want to do too much running around and we are mostly interested in charming streets, good food and beautiful scenery. We are flying to Fes from Seville so have to end up there. Any opinions?
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:37 PM

Definitely keep your two nights in Granada! We had three nights and wished for more.
We have not been to Ronda, so can’t advise. We like Cadiz, would consider a night there. Also, you might take a night from Ronda, add it to Seville and do a day trip by train from Seville to Cordoba. It is only about an hour. That would be my first choice unless you wanted to be on the water. Then, Cadiz works.
When is the trip?
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response! Trip is last week of May. I have been to Cordoba and don't mind missing it on this trip. Also, finding an affordable hotel in Seville that weekend has become very difficult. Guess everyone is finally traveling again!
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:59 PM

That is funny. So many people love Cordoba. I thought it was just me, that it was hot, we had a car (first trip to Spain, big mistake), got lost (before navigation systems) and I did not enjoy it as I expected.
The gardens of the Alhambra are at their peak in May, so Granada will be gorgeous! We walked in the olive groves above the Alhambra. It was wonderful. I wanted to go to a music performance in one of the cave venues and did not get that. Maybe you would enjoy it. We had great “Italian” food in Granada. Your trip sounds perfect. I hope your wife loves it. Did you get Alhambra tickets already? I know they sell out. Try to see it in both day and evening.

Cadiz is really quite beautiful, and nice on the water. Interesting naval history too, Lord Nelson and Napoleon.
Old May 7th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Yep. I had a car last time and there were some stressful moments. I haven't gotten Alhambra tickets yet, but I know that I need to do it soon. I also missed seeing a music performance in the caves on the last trip so it is on the to do list for this one. I really just need to decide if I want to add Cadiz or do another night in Granada. May be a more leisurely pace that way.
Old May 13th, 2022, 03:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
start by reading seat61.com to understand the spanish train system