Reload this Page >

Spain Help Needed---Por Favor

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Raj

Hi,<BR>I am considering Spain as an option for our honeymoon in the last week of February, 2003. <BR><BR>We are looking to spend our honeymoon visiting nice local sights, local shopping, enjoy musical shows, dance, basically enjoy the local culture. We are big city people and are not looking for big cities with only large chain shopping and dining. <BR><BR>***Also, we would like to visit locations which are pleasant, at most a light winter jacket in the day. We do not want to be shivering or all bundled up, rather enjoy walking and enjoy the beautiful sites****<BR><BR>Please share with me if the end of February is a good time to visit Spain, and if so what locations you suggest. <BR><BR>Please reply by posting on this board. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR>RJ<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Teresa

Hi Raj,<BR><BR>I would avoid going to Madrid and would consider spending some days in Barcelona , some in Marbella and would also consider Sevilha. But if you have only one week, try to divide the time between Barcelona and Marbella. In Barcelona I recommend you the Claris Hotel and in Marbella the Hotel Puente Romano.<BR>Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Raj

Hi,<BR><BR>Whats the WEATHER going to be like?...we do NOT want to go to places where we need to be bundled up in layers of clothing and have to stay indoors due to the weather, darkness etc. Daytime temperatures near and above the twenties (CENTIGRADES) are what we are hoping for!<BR><BR>Any suggestions?...we want to enjoy the local music, food, culture, local shopping in whichever location you suggest. <BR><BR>Also, how is Majorca?...is that a place to consider?<BR><BR>Thanks, and PLEASE HELP<BR>Raj

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Rex

Make sure and post your question at www.madridman.com as well as here - - not just for Madrid.<BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:41 AM
patg

I think your desired weather sounds rather optimistic. Take a look at some of the historic highs and lows for that month, but be careful about your comparisons. Last year, February was warmer than average in Spain, according to my family members there. Also, note that Madrid is roughly the same latitude mid-northern US cities; while the climate is milder, the amount of daylight will be comparable at 10 hours or less a day.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:09 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Ali

I just got back from 3 weeks in Spain. I would recommend Ronda, Arcos De Fontera, and small towns along the costa del sol. That will get you away from big cities. There are also good hiking and site seeing.