Reload this Page >

Spain Beaches: Cadiz vs. Malaga area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 02:27 PM
Kim

We are living in Belgium and want to go to Southern Spain for a week of relaxation and warm weather. We will be traveling with our daughter, 1 1/2, and are interested in hearing about the various beach resort areas. We plan to visit Seville and Granada, but want nice beaches. Any suggestions?

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 12:00 AM
harzer

I was in this part of Spain many years ago. The beaches around Malaga, say from <BR>Motril through Estepona, are much better, but crowded. And i think you need to have a thing for pebbles. Cadiz has no beaches, as I recall; you must go north towards the Portuguese border to find them e.g. Playa de la Matalascanas about 70 km away. But I can't comment further, not having been past Puerto de Sta Maria.

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 06:49 PM
susan

Beaches between Gibraltar and Portugal are much nicer and less crowded than those of Costa del Sol. Conil de la Frontera is wonderful. Conil is a tiny town, beach is very wide. Sometimes see tuna nets stretched out. Orange against blue is striking. <BR>Some parts of beaches near El Puerto de Santa Maria have some pebbles but nothing extreme. Trade off is sometimes finding fossilized shark teeth. <BR>Chipiona and San lucar de Barrameda beaches are also nice. <BR>If you want beaches that are built up right to the sand with all sorts of umbrellas and beach chairs and stuff for rent, Costa del Sol is for you. <BR>But for nice goldy sand and not as many people ( and a bit cheaper too) try Costa de la Luz.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 03:19 AM
frank

Cadiz has a good beach : the beach beside the old town is not very clean, but a 5 min bus ride takes you to a good clean beach,(details in the Rough Duide to Andalucia)There are also good beaches in some of the quiet parts to the NW.

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 10:54 AM
Ja

It depends when you want to go,and how easy for you is to reach the place. Malaga airport (Costa del Sol)has many more connections than Jerez (Costa de la Luz) weather it is a little bit better in Costa del Sol, but if the question is where you will find better beaches the answer it is by far (very very far) at Costa de la Luz. <BR> <BR>As other poster before the area around Conil de la Frontera has superb beaches and you still can experience a quite unspoilt nature of beach, and tasty Spanish little Town , recomendations : from Conil : Itself the beach of Conil, Caņos de Meca, Palmar, calas of Conil, and Playa del Puerco (all of them around Conil). You can go also to Chiclana (Sancti Petri) but that is already a little bit crowded. <BR>

Old Feb 29th, 2000, 03:49 PM
harzer

Muchas gracias a Susan, Frank y Javier por corregir mis informaciones tocante a las playas en los alrededores de Cadiz.