Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How can we get reservations to the restaurant in the Eiffel Tower?

Feb 27th, 2000, 08:27 PM
Tracy

I think the mane of it is Altitude 95. Many thanks..

Feb 27th, 2000, 10:23 PM
Donna

You can just give them a call or send a fax, or have the Concierge where you'll be staying take care of this for you. If there's a long pause after you've asked "Does anyone speak English", they've gone to look for someone who does. Actually, you may be better off dining elsewhere and enjoying your Tour Eiffel experience on its own. Best time to go is around dusk, when the light is the most beautiful, and staying until dark when the lights are turned on all over the city. Dining at Altitude 95 is a bit pricey and not really a good value.

Feb 28th, 2000, 03:11 AM
Regina

Tracy,
I made a reservation for lunch to Le Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower on internet by using www.top-restaurants.com It is in English and you will find desription of many restaurants in all areas of Paris. Shortly after you e-mail your request you will get from them confirmation and they will ask you to call them when you in Paris to reconfirm. They do not charge for this service

Feb 28th, 2000, 07:55 AM
sabrina

May I add my 2 cents that you're doing the right thing by making reservations. It is an incredibly popular place, for obvious reasons. I tried to get in there on a Sunday after my visit to zee top. It was early, like 5 p.m. and they were absolutely packed. I was told that I could have a drink at the bar but if I wanted to eat dinner I could make reservations then to come back the next night. Of course I was leaving the next night, but I had a great drink. It's a lovely restaurant.

Feb 28th, 2000, 08:04 AM
Mary Ann

We ate there in September and had a wonderful time. I originally tried making a reservation on the Eifel tower web site, 4 weeks in advance but only 10 days before we left. After a week, I was nervous with no response and emailed our hotel which made the reservation for us. Wouldn't you know, the next day the restaurant emailed us a reservation but with the wrong date, which I cancelled. The problem was not the English, but the way Europeans write dates. So be very specific. Also, we never thought to ask for a window seat. We were fortunate that our hotel reservation was within viewing distance. However, many persons arriving were seated on the inside of the tower rather than the outside even though seats appeared available. It may not help but it would not hurt to ask. I do not know if hotels get better responses. Ours was a little 3 * hotel Champs de Mars and they were great. Have a great evening!

Feb 28th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Rex

Ecuse me, Mary Ann, for being a little bit uppity but "problem was... the way Europeans write dates"!?

Don't you mean that the problem was that you didn't know how to read the dates the Europeans wrote? The restaurant is IN EUROPE, isn't it?

And just to recap - - the Altitude 95 is the "popular" restaurant which costs about one-fourth as much as Jules Verne and is four times easier to get into. Consistent with Mary Ann's experience (and mine and anyone else I've ever known who went to Jules Verne), the VALUE of going to Jules Verne is beyond question, no matter what the price. Truly memorable!

But write or call today if you hope to get a reservation before autumn!

Best wishes,

Rex

Feb 29th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Nissa

http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/to.../pg_resto.html is a page with the telephone numbers of the restaurants in the Eifel Tower. The web site www.tour-eiffel.fr is rather fun.

Feb 29th, 2000, 04:11 PM
Mary Ann

Rex I meant no disrespect or criticism of either continent and the way dates are written. In reality, I sent the date in European form, and they, I think assumed I meant US form. I was writing the response very quickly, which incorrectly stated the "problem" . This last week I have had a problem with getting on Fodors and sending and reciving. I take note for my faux pas!

Feb 29th, 2000, 05:23 PM
Rex

Okay, and I'll apologize for being uppity - - I travel with students at times, and I try to stamp out anything that sounds like - - they are different, and thus they are "wrong".

Sorry to be lecture-y - - and I'll save my "berg" vs "burg" for another thread- - where there is some massacere of German town names.

Nothing but...

...best wishes,

Rex