Reload this Page >

Spain - any questions?

Search

Spain - any questions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 1998, 04:36 PM
Debbie

Spain - any questions?

Just back from Madrid and Salamanca with side trips to Toledo, el Escorial, Avilla etc. Any questions?

Old Dec 29th, 1998, 06:41 AM
Madrid

Where did you stay in Madrid? How do you liked it? Any recommended restaurants in Madrid? Any "don't bother" suggestions? How was Toledo? I am planning a trip to Madrid and NW Spain in May. <BR>

Old Dec 30th, 1998, 05:15 PM
Kelly

<BR>I too was wondering where to stay and if there are any places that we must see. We will probably be going to Barcelona, and have you heard or seen anything about the risk of safety? I have read in several books that it is unsafe at night. The two of us that are traveling are two 22 yr. olds. <BR> Thanks

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 01:41 AM
Gary

<BR>Kelly- Be SURE to wear your money belt at all times in Barcelona. It's the pickpocket capital of the world. Just enter the name Barcelona and Spain here on Fodor's search engine for posts from travelers and you will see much info on the street crime in that city. The architecture is wonderful, so it's worth it to go there but be VERY careful.

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 06:14 AM
Brian in Atlanta

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Barcelona Oct of 1997. We stayed in the gothic quarter right off Las Rambles (sp?) and never had, saw or heard of any problems with crime. We stayed out late at night walking the streets and never felt unsafe. The only area that may have seemed less safe was the extreme south end of Las Rambles as there were fewer bars/restaurants open and fewer people about. It's a wonderful city that feels safer than New York or Atlanta. <BR>