Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

MADRID/BARCELONA - WHERE TO STAY WITH KIDS?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 1998, 08:19 AM
Nora

Planning a trip to Spain in March. Family of four (two kids). Looking for clean moderate priced rooms. Any recommendations? Also, planning a night or two stay in the Seagovia and Alicante areas - any help there would be appreciated.

Old Nov 9th, 1998, 06:45 PM
Jade

We just got back from a trip to Spain. In Madrid, we stayed at the NH Nacional on Paseo de Prado. You can check it out at http://www.nh-hoteles.es and make a reservation. The location is excellent: a few minutes walk to museums and the Retiro Park and across the street from the botanical garden. They have a great weekend rate (about US$90 including tax). They opened last summer so it's nicely decorated. And they honored our request for a room on a high floor overlooking the botanocal garden.

Old Nov 10th, 1998, 08:36 PM
Jim

Last year we spent some time in Segovia and stayed at a lovely, 3 star hotel - Los Linajes. It was well located - within a few minutes walk of the center of town and very clean and moderate in price.

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 08:48 AM
Joe

I highly recommend Hotel Citadines. One can rent a one-bedroom apt that has a private bedroom and a fold-out sofa for two. It also comes with a kitchenette. The location is perfect - right on Las Ramblas - and the price is quite reasonable - around 18,000 pesetas. It is relatively new and is in wonderful shape. I've stayed there twice and will be doing so again next June.

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 08:48 AM
Joe

I highly recommend Hotel Citadines (Barcelona). One can rent a one-bedroom apt that has a private bedroom and a fold-out sofa for two. It also comes with a kitchenette. The location is perfect - right on Las Ramblas - and the price is quite reasonable - around 18,000 pesetas. It is relatively new and is in wonderful shape. I've stayed there twice and will be doing so again next June.