Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc in Paris

Dec 7th, 1998, 07:40 AM
Brian

Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc in Paris

I am planning a trip to Paris in June with my wife and 2 children(ages 9 & 11) and were thinking of staying at the Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc because they could put us in one room with 2 double beds. It's written up in several guide books, but I can't find any first hand comments on this site about the hotel. We prefer to stay in one room and keep the expense to around $150 a night. Does anyone have comments on the hotel... or other options we may have?
Thanks!!
Brian

Dec 7th, 1998, 03:50 PM
Donna

The Regina Hotel is next door to the Grand. Both addresses are Plaza Jean d'Arc. Your location is excellent for the Louvre, the Tuileries, and excellent shopping along Rue de Rivoli. We stayed at the Regina for 5 days last year and really loved it. Have not stayed at the Grand, but friends have stayed there and enjoyed it as well.

Dec 7th, 1998, 08:05 PM
Diane

The Jeanne D'Arc isn't far from Place de Vosges, a really lovely place. We stopped in and checked out the "lobby" and it seemed really charming. It should be quieter than many places that are on streets with fairly heavy traffic. I'd say go for it. They might be able to give you two smaller rooms together for the same cost.

Dec 10th, 1998, 01:49 PM
hannah

I stayed at the Jeanne D'Arc this June with my parents and sister. It is in a great location in the Marais on a pretty little street - near a great patisserie! The rooms are simple and small, but the lobby is cute. You may also ask them for an extra bed (cot). It is pretty cheap.

Dec 31st, 1998, 09:36 AM
Kathy

i have stayed at the Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc several times and I am returning there in April. It is on the very charming Place Ste. Catherine, and a stone's throw from the Place Vosges. The rooms are very clean and they have modern tile bathrooms. It is best to book well in advance as the rooms fill up quickly in the high season. The staff is friendly and helpful and speaks English. Good luck!

Dec 31st, 1998, 09:59 AM
Kimberley Jones

I used this web-site to assist my parents in finding a hotel and have used it for my own purposes as I try to stay somewhere different with each visit. for teh reconrd, I have not stayed at the Jeanne d'arc but since respondents on both the attaced web-site and Fodors are all positive, you may be safe!

http://www.paris.org/paris-cgi/PDB/hotel.cgi?htl1869