Reload this Page >

Southwestern France - Looking for hotel advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Diane

I'm just beginning to plan for an October 2003 trip with my husband to Barcelona and then southwestern France before heading up to Paris for the final part of our vacation. While in the southwest, I'm considering staying around Albi (near Toulouse) for at least 4 days. <BR><BR>I'm looking at the following hotels in the Albi area and would love to get comments from anyone familiar with them:<BR>- Hostellerie St. Antione (Albi)<BR>- La Reserve (Albi)<BR>- Le Grand Ecuyer (Cordes)<BR>- Hostellerie du Vieux Cordes (Cordes)<BR><BR>Any other recommendations for hotels (up to $175 per night) would be welcome!<BR>Thanks.<BR>Diane

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 03:24 PM
mimosa

I did not like the St. Antoine, I loved <BR>Ecuyer, the other two, I honestly don't know. I hated Albi, loved Cordes.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Ron

Cordes sur Ciel is a very charming hill town, and the Le Grand Ecuyer is the place to stay. Wonderful old place filled with antiques and boasting a fine restaurant. When we go there we usually only spend the night. Albi, however, happens to be our favorite town. The cathedral alone is worth a visit there. La Reserve, which is located a bit away from the city center, is probably the best hotel in the area. We like to stay at the Hostelerie San Antoine. It is very well located, has clean rooms, a nice restaurant and a convenient car park.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Diane

Thanks to Mimosa and Ron for the prompt replies! <BR><BR>Mimosa, can you tell me why you didn't like the St. Antoine hotel and Albi? Everything I've read so far, makes this city seem worth a visit.<BR><BR>I must admit that the Grand Ecuyer seems really nice, but I wasn't sure if it would be a good location for 4 days. <BR><BR>Ron, I'm leaning toward tbe St. Antoine, just because it appears to be a good hotel in a great location, as you mentioned. <BR><BR>I appreciate your responses!<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Luis

Diane: <BR><BR>I've stayed at Le Grand Ecuyer which is fabulous. It's only 20 mins north of Albi via a winding road. If you stay at Le Grand Ecuyer, be sure to ask for room &quot;Seigneur de la Prune&quot; (the rooms here have names.) The restaurant is also fabulous though the food a bit heavy. In May of 2000, a room was about $110 USD per night. Drop me a line if you need further help.<BR><BR>Regards..<BR>Luis