Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

southern spain trip changed to northern spain. help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:52 PM
ck

We had a trip to andalucia planned to coincide a visit with our daughter. Now she has changed her stay to Salamanca in july and we need to go north. any suggsetions on places, hotels, itineraries etc We have 12 days. We can keep our two nights in Toledo and two nights in Madrid and a couple in Salamanca.

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:43 PM
randy

Try http://www.freehotelguide.com<BR>we have several hotels available in Northern spain.<BR><BR>Hope this helps, Randy<BR>http://www.freehotelguide.com/<BR><BR>

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Lisa

Nancy,<BR>This year we'll be concentrating in the area around Salamanca. We'll be there in October and our itinerary will be going from Bilbao (staying at Lopez de Haro for a very low rate) and driving on to Burgos (Hotel El Cid) then to Salamanca(Hotel Don Juan which I've heard is more of a Rick Steve-ish type) and on to Segovia (Hotel Infanta Isabel) and Avila (the Parador). This will be our first time in this Northern area of Spain...Maribel and others might have some great suggestions!! Last year we had a fantastic time in the Catalonia area...you can email me for details if you're interested in that area!!<BR>Buena Suerte!! Lisa

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:48 PM
feliz-not

Hi,<BR>I know nothing about freehotelguide, which I think is probably an ad/tout using this forum, but think you would like the feedback from others:<BR>Author: Tom ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/28/2002, 09:52 pm<BR>Message: Funny how freehotelguide.com doesn't tell you how they will insist that you call their toll free number, then badger you until they have your phone number, call you back day and night and insist that they need your credit card number for verification of your reservations, get your dates wrong and then charge you a cancellation fee to correct THEIR mistakes.<BR><BR>They don't tell you any of this. The just try to advertise for free on this forum<BR><BR>End quote. I don't like the idea. If they have a repost, I would like to hear it.<BR>Carol

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:59 PM
Daniel

From Salamanca you may go to the old town Ciudad Rodrigo near the Portuguese border, Avila and Segovia, the mountain village La Alberca. Salamanca is this year´s Cultural City of Europe, so a lot is going on. The Plaza Mayor is considered to be one of the most beautiful in Spain.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
Pedro

On your way north I would not miss Picos de Europa area, the gothic cathedral in Leon or the small towns of Comillas and Santillana del Mar. Salamanca is also probably one of my favourite places to visit in Spain.