Southern Spain in 9 days

Old Oct 16th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southern Spain in 9 days

HI,

I am planning a trip to southern Spain for the last 10 days in November from Nyc

Have this rough itinerary in mind

November 20th - fly to Seville from Nyc - spend 5 days in seville
November 22nd - Do a day trip from Seville from to cordoba
November 23rd - Do a day trip from Seville to Rhonda
November 24th - Do a day trip from Seville Cadiz
November 25th - Go from Seville to Malaga, get down in the middle to see osuna , go to Malaga spend a night in Malaga
November 26h -Go from Malaga to Granada - sleep in granada and spend 2 days there
November 29th - Leave for niece in the evening

please let me know if this looks good

i have other questions

- i am going to be traveling solo, and this is my first solo trip - is this safe to travel this time of the year to spain all by myself

- I am an indian citizen in the US on work visa, what kind of visa will I need, will Schengen visa work ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 16th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes it is safe, just got to be sensible, you know, no walking up dark alleys, have a plan when you set out. The cities you've chosen look good. I have no concerns, but just one pointer Malaga station is not in town centre, I've walked it but I wouldn't do it as a woman, catch a cab.

My BIL was in Cadiz this year, sound good.

Not sure about all those links, Rhonda, Cadiz. Use rome2rio to get a good idea of the best way to visit.

November a good time, make sure the hotel has heating in November( seriously, I stayed in Nov one year in a trad hotel and it was perishing in Cordoba).

I doubt the Europeans care where you come from, only that you are a Indian citizen and need a Schengen visa.
Old Oct 16th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

thanks this helps. Yes, I will be taking trains all the time since I won't be driving.

Also, I will be living in hostels.

Is there a link I can use ? i only refer to hostelworld , is there any other website i can visit ?

Thanks,
Old Oct 16th, 2015, 05:27 PM

Hosteling International has a number of well regarded hostels. Also look at the Let's Go Student Guide - which has a tone of info on good - and bad - hostels.
Old Oct 16th, 2015, 05:54 PM
kja

Should be a great trip!

FWIW, I think Ronda a bit too far from Sevilla to be a good day trip destination -- IIRC, its about 3 hours each way.

And while MANY people visit Cordoba as a day trip from Sevilla, I thought it deserved 2 full days (and 2 full nights) -- JMO.

I'm a woman who traveled to this area solo and had no troubles whatsoever, nor would I hesitate to do so again. That said, taking appropriate cautions is ALWAYS in order!

I typically use booking.com to arrange my lodging, and although I no longer seek hostels, it seems to cover some of them and so might be worth checking.

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 17th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Kja thanks a lot for your feedback, If i want to include madrid and toledo to this trip, which areas do you think i can omit ?>

I will start my bookings from Monday , so just want to make sure I have the full itinerary before.

Thanks nytraveler and thanks kJ
Old Oct 17th, 2015, 08:38 AM
kja

"If i want to include madrid and toledo to this trip, which areas do you think i can omit ?"

I would not! I loved Andalusia, including each of the locations you plan to visit, and I think the time you have available is nearly perfect for Andalusia. Too, Andalusia would be much nicer in November than either Madrid or Toledo. How much time you would want for Madrid and Toledo and other nearby destinations is also a factor. FWIW, I wanted 4 full days for Madrid and 2 full days for Toledo, and also a day for Segovia, a day for Avila, and 2 days for Salamanca; many people spend less time in those locations. I think you need to do some research on all of these locations to decide what YOU most want to see and experience and then decide what you want to include on this trip. Good luck!