Southern Spain 9 nite itinerary help

Sep 1st, 2017, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Southern Spain 9 nite itinerary help

November ititeray 9 nites. Here is what we have so far. very active older couple. taking trains, buses, maybe a private transfer.
questions- is it better to stay longer in Sevilla, maybe just a day trip to Ronda. any way to include Malaga? Cadiz?Am I missing anything? Want to go to El Caminita Del Rey also.

Nov.
6. Arrive Seville 5 pm. Direct to Cordoba (2 nights)
8 To Granada (2)
10. To Ronda (2)Is this too many? Malaga instead?
12. To Sevilla (3) (better to spend more time here?
15. To Fez 3 pm
Sep 1st, 2017, 04:49 PM
kja

Should be a great trip!

I was glad to have 3 nights in Granada, allowing 1 full day for the Alhambra and another day for other parts of that city. Other people find 2 nights sufficient.

2 nights in Ronda would have been a night too many for me. It is beautiful, but I was ready to leave after one night.

3 nights is, IMO, a night too little for Sevilla.

BUT of course, it all depends on what you want to see and experience! No right or wrong choices, IMO, just some difficult ones.

And BTW, public transportation should serve you all for all the places you mention in Spain.

As you plan, note that many things in Spain are closed on Monday, and often for all or part of Sundays too; and many things in Spain will also be closed daily for a very long mid-day break.

Hope that helps!
Sep 2nd, 2017, 12:01 AM

Málaga is my favourite city in the region after much traveling in wonderful Andalucía the past 15 years. Genuine and laid-back Andalucian atmosphere, fabulous sights right in the city center, world class museums, the best both traditional and cutting edge food scene, great culture and theater scene, excellent tapas bars and cafés all around, you also have the Meditteranean in itself and Málaga is one of the oldest cities in the world. http://www.malagaturismo.com/en

The Caminito del Rey is only a short ride from Málaga city, so is the spectacular Torcal limestone mountain. You can drive almost to the top, and excellent walks up here, on a clear day you can see to Morocco: https://www.spain-holiday.com/Antequ...tequera-malaga

This video would give you an idea of the Málaga feel and atmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FAiaUAlzVY
Sep 2nd, 2017, 06:45 AM

golderb,
I responded to your post on my old post titled "Ronda or Malaga". I gave you our itinerary on that post because you asked what we decided to do. We decided to spend 2 nights in Malaga. We are not going to Ronda. You can read my answer for more details.
Let us know what you decide to do.
Sep 2nd, 2017, 07:47 AM

Arrive Seville 5 pm. Direct to Cordoba (2 nights)
8 To Granada (2)
10. To Ronda (2)Is this too many? Malaga instead?
12. To Sevilla (3) (better to spend more time here?

Trains between all (buses now substitute parts of rail trip to Granada due to track construction - but still a train)

but Ronda to Seville take buses thru the iconic white villages to Seville.

Book trains ahead for possible discounted tickets cheaper than walk-up fares - www.renfe.com and good luck getting it to work upon first encounter - scores of frustrated posts about that here in recent past - check www.seat61.com for help with renfe.com and alternative sites to book from with similar prices if problems do arise. General train info like 1st v 2nd class, etc www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

3 days IME would be enough for Seville - could even do a day trip to nearby Jerez-de-la-Frontera to do sherry house tours and see Andalusian Horses going thru their paces at the Andalusian Equestrin School or whatever it is called.
Sep 6th, 2017, 12:31 PM

questions- is it better to stay longer in Sevilla, maybe just a day trip to Ronda>

It's a long way each way by bus - better to do IMO between Malaga and Seville as a stopover.

Agree with kja - 2 nights 1 night too many in a rather small Ronda.