Search

Socks!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Starla

Socks!

Is it okay to wear white socks with black pants in Paris? I'm just not sure...and I'm having a panic attack. I only one pair of black socks and the rest are white. I have 4 pairs of black pants that I'm bringing with me.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Danna

White? I don't think so... BUT make sure they are thin and not cotton so they can dry out quickly... drying abilities are what count! Have Fun!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:30 PM
smiles

Maybe you could buy one pair of Coolmax (fast-drying) black socks and wash them every night. Or wear a skirt. Or boots that cover your socks. Or start a new style: white socks, black pants, orange t-shirt, pink scarf, purple shoes, green belt, yellow seltzer bottle, red horn.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:33 PM
susan

Let me get this straight. You can afford to go to Europe, but you can't afford to go our and buy a couple more pairs of black socks. What am I missing here?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Rex

There are only SOME settings, where SOME people can wear white socks - - SOME of the time... <BR> <BR>Here is one example... <BR> <BR>http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...&photoid=33762 <BR> <BR>And as you can see, black pants are not part of the accompanying attire. <BR> <BR>Postscript... the picture referenced by the URL listed above is rated "G" - - for General Audiences - - just in case you were wondering. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Puck

WHite socks go great with exercise outfits. <BR> <BR>Why not substitute gym shorts for the black pants?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:04 PM
smiles

Susan, relax. You're way too serious. <BR>(Maybe your socks are too tight?)

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:09 PM
frankie John

Starla: Poor Baby....it has been kinda boring around here lately...Go, Girl!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Socks and more

Does anyone remember that wild site with the two guys in London? I think Starla would benefit greatly from that one!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Whatttt??

I don't think a DIVA needs to ask about socks. Perhaps you are a DIVA TROLL.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:55 PM
xxx

Ohmygosh! Thought someone was looking for the Clinton's cat

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 02:22 PM
Dino

Dear Starla, <BR>do you want a real suggestion from a real Italian ? <BR>Never ever buy or wear white socks(except if you're playing tennis) . <BR>Only dark blue, dark grey or dark brown. <BR>They will suit with grey, light or dark brown and black trousers. <BR>And you will be ok all over the world! <BR>dino <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 02:29 PM
neededalaugh

Thank you Rex!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 02:48 PM
vicki

I think a white top with black pants, black "mary jane" shoes and white socks look adorable. But you need to be slim and under 30 or at least look like it. Just my opinion. On the other hand what do you normally wear all those white socks with?