So Cal Fodorites Get together

Mar 10th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Art

So Cal Fodorites Get together

For those of you in the So Cal area, we are haveing our 2nd gettogether on March 25th. Expecting about 14 people including Tony from Scotland, Elvira and Rex. Last one was a blast and looking forward to more of the same. This will be held again at my home and will be a potluck. E-mail me for more info if you are interested.

Mar 10th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Rex

Art,

I don't think I'll be able to make it. I might get out there in May - - nowadays, I have commitments that require about a month's notice, and I didn't know the date for your March 25th in time.

But I am still actively interested in the September trip - - and I hope that other Fodorites will take an interest too... (search "vlads castle").

Where are you in researching air fares - - I see you mention it from time to time - - dates?

Sorry about the 25th...

Rex

Mar 10th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Sue

Where do you live in So California?

Mar 10th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Gomer

Where in Southern California will the meeting be? How long? Do we need to RSVP?

Mar 10th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Art

Sue and Gomer, e-mail me for specifics. I live in Long Beach.
Art

Mar 11th, 2001, 06:34 AM

to the top - - for Maira

Mar 11th, 2001, 08:02 AM
Tina

Art -
Is anyone invited, or is this for a special group that was previously formed? Does everyone bring spouses? I'm single and in my late 20's, so I don't want to intrude if this is a meeting for older travelers. I love to travel and always would like to meet new people, but am a little shy when it comes to meeting a group of strangers. Just curious as to what goes on at a Fodors get-together. Thank you.

Mar 11th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Art

Hi Tina, all fodorites are welcome. We've only had one GTG so far. We have a potluck so everyone brings a dish or a bottle of wine. Both the first one and this one are at my house in Long Beach. Everyone brings an albium of photos and the discussions are mostly on travel learning from each ones experiances. All ages are welcome and were represented at the last one. You can e-mail me for further details and I will add you to the evite that I sent out. Hope you can make it.
Art

Mar 12th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Dayna

Hi Art,

I am definitely interested in coming to your get together at the end of the month. My husband and I live in Orange and would like to bring our 4 month old baby along if that is OK with you? I will e-mail you to get the details and find out what you will need us to bring. It should be a lot of fun to get together to discuss my favorite topic of conversation: European travel! We have a trip to Italy planned this spring - it's our first with a baby, which should be interesting!

Mar 18th, 2001, 05:25 AM
xxxxx

To the top.

March 25th is also Oscar night.

Mar 19th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Joyce

topping

Mar 27th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Art

We had our 2nd GTG on Sunday with 20 travelers attending including Tony and Emily stopping long enough on their wirlwind tour of the US to grace our party. A lot of enjoyable conversation and note comparing amoung us. Sorry some of you were unable to make it (although I don't know where I would have put you). Next one sometime in the summer, an outdoor BBQ.

Mar 27th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Patrick

I will be in LA from August 9th to September 9th. If the BarBQ happens during that period, I'd love to know about it and stop by.

Mar 27th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Tony Hughes

Art

Thanks for a good time. Sorry we couldnt stay any longer. Good to finally meet some of you and pleased no-one tried to assault me for my views on fodors over the last 3 years.

take care

Mar 27th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Holly

Tony - if you're planning to be in Reno in the next 2 weeks, please e-mail me!

Mar 27th, 2001, 08:24 PM
Tony Hughes

Holly - i should have been in touch , sorry. I miscalculated the time it takes to get from southern california to canada and had to chop out some of the itinerary - thats the reason we nipped away from the getogether and why also we wont make it to reno. Thnaks for the offer, maybe some other time.

tony

Mar 27th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Diane

My thanks again to Art, our most gracious host. It was a lovely day with enjoyable company.

I had been planning a trip to Thailand, and with all the travel talk I decided to book using my frequent flyer points for around Thanksgiving. No luck with any class of service -- all free seats are gone until next year.

After Sunday's conversations I just had to plan a trip somewhere. So tonight I called United Airlines and asked where in Europe I could go this summer. They found me seats into Brussels and out of Frankfurt. I'm the type who plans, and plans, and plans. This time I'm being spontaneous -- stepping out of the box really. Thanks to all for sharing. I know I'll continue to get wonderful advice as I work through this next trip.

Mar 27th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Diane

My thanks again to Art, our most gracious host. It was a lovely day with enjoyable company.

I had been planning a trip to Thailand, and with all the travel talk I decided to book using my frequent flyer points for around Thanksgiving. No luck with any class of service -- all free seats are gone until next year.

After Sunday's conversations I just had to plan a trip somewhere. So tonight I called United Airlines and asked where in Europe I could go this summer. They found me seats into Brussels and out of Frankfurt. I'm the type who plans, and plans, and plans. This time I'm being spontaneous -- stepping out of the box really. Thanks to all for sharing. I know I'll continue to get wonderful advice as I work through this next trip.