smoking on buses, trains?

Sep 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

smoking on buses, trains?

According to Rick Steves' book, most buses (at least those that go farther outside of Lisbon) allow smoking in the rear. Yet according to Time Out Lisbon, "smoking is not allowed on public transportation". Who is right? And if it's true about the long-distance buses, can you get a non-smoking car on the IC or AP trains? The idea of traveling 3-4 hours on a bus or train breathing smoke is my definition of hell. Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Sep 7th, 2007, 01:51 AM

When you buy your Tix/Reservations on Alfa Pendular, just ask for non-smoking

Private MotorCoaches (the kind one would take Lisbon to the Algarve) may allow smoking but on Lisbon Public Transportation (Buses, Metro, Trolley, etc.) smoking is not allowed
Sep 7th, 2007, 02:21 AM

Just a tip - you would get more answers if you put Lisbon or Portugal in your subject heading.

You could post again if you wanted to.
Kay
Sep 13th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

But my post is in the Portugal section of the message board so I didn't think I needed to specify "Portugal" in my subject line? Most people don't but I'll do so from now on to avoid confusion.
Sep 13th, 2007, 07:13 AM

All posts show up on the general Europe branch together, they are not sorted by country.

We can't tell that you put it under Portugal. That only matters if someone is sorting or searching using that method.