Slovenia info

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 09:22 AM
pep
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slovenia info

We're planning two weeks in September. I've followed the old threads but hoping there are updates. What do you like, dislike, etc? I've always found this forum so helpful.

thanks
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:56 AM

Slovenia was wonderful, my sister and I took a trip there last summer and we loved it. We stopped in Bled for a night and it was an amazing lake in the Julian Alps. We also went to Ljubljana, which was also very pretty, and expensive. It is a small city with some amazing views and wonderful people. The place that we liked the most was Piran, on the Istrian peninsula. Its a smaller village with no cars permitted past a certain point. WE stayed at the Tartini Hotel and had a room overlooking the small harbor. I think it was definately worth the 2 day visit.
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:32 AM

I agree on what Piotr said. Though Ljubljana expensive??? Didn't notice that. Well, maybe the prices were almost Western European, but nothing exagerated. It's precious! Between Ljubljana and the coast there's some pretty impresive caves. Maribor is a nice town as well. I would definitely advice the region of the Soca river (a turquoise blue river in the middle of the lower Julian full green Alps, you have to see it to believe it!), it's close to the border with Italy and Austria. You can go rafting, mountainbiking and paragliding.
Old May 17th, 2004, 01:46 PM

Hi
I second Piran. It was our introduction to the Adriatic and a great place to visit.Ljubljana was a friendly city and we were there a year or so after the war. went back last year briefly. If you are adventurous, you can travel down the peninsular from Piran into Croatia. We visited Porec and Rovenj last year and it was like an inexpensive Italy.
alan
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:46 PM

Hi
We are going to Slovenia may 24th, never been there, are there any specific areas you would like info on?
will be glad to share with you when we return.
Regards.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:45 AM
pep
Original Poster

Dear Hagnel,

I assume you've returned. I would love to hear about your trip
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:16 AM

If anyone wants Slovenia info/pictures, we went a few years ago and set up a website.

http://groups.msn.com/bernsteinalbum

Click vacations, then Italy/Slovenia. You can then navigate to the Slovenia section.

gnr