Sleepinitaly.com website?

May 5th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Sleepinitaly.com website?

Anyone used www.sleepinitaly.com website?Looking at their prices for apartments in Rome I can hardly believe it. They are much less expensive than the others I have found. Am I going to get a good deal?
Zaza
May 6th, 2003, 04:06 AM

Zaza,

If you type Rome AND apartment rental in the text search you'll find lots of previous threads with information. I looked at a few for you. The consensus is to go to slowtravel.com where they have reviews of all the rental websites. One person I saw (there may be more) mentioned your website as having good prices. Another site mentioned a few times was romesweetrome.com
May 6th, 2003, 07:33 AM

A little clarification: I think the website that mclaurie is referring to is www.slowtrav.com. There is also a related message board at www.slowtalk.com. Both are noncommercial with a lot of good info about Italy.
May 6th, 2003, 07:35 AM

A warning: several users on Slowtrav/Slowtalk said negative things about romesweetrome.com.
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:34 AM

Topping for ZAZA and because I'd also like to know if people who have used this website were happy with the service.

I found a property on the site that I was interested in, so I sent an e-mail inquiry which was very promptly answered with availability dates and a total rate. I was instructed to respond with my credit card information, which I did. At this point I have not heard back from them with my confirmation (which I was told I would receive). I'm a little concerned as, at this point, it's been 4 days.

Does anyone have any experience with this site? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance,
Jennie
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:09 AM
dln

We are booked for Sept. through sleepinitaly.com. Giulia Amato in the booking department is the erson I dealt with, and I found her very efficient. Why don't you send her an e-mail and voice your concerns? I had all my info in less than 24 hours.

Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:01 AM

Thank you, dln. If I don't hear anything from them by tomorrow, I will do just that.

Jennie
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:10 PM

FYI, I did receive a reply back from them. Apparently, my first response did not go through (great . . . all my credit card info is now floating somewhere in cyberspace! ha-ha!). Once they got my second attempt to send, it was only a couple of days until I received my confirmation.

dln, we'll just miss you in Rome. We'll be there October 3-8. Reserved a B&B on Via Calabria in the Via Veneto area. Pretty good deal, too. €78 for a double w/ bathroom. This site really has some reasonable rates on B&Bs and apartments if anyone's interested.

Thanks again,
Jennie
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:42 PM

Zaza -

I have booked an apartment in Trastevere for our 3 night stay in Rome in September via Sleepinitaly.com. Up to now my dealings with them have been very prompt and efficient. I will be posting a trip report upon return from our honeymoon in late Sept/early Oct - I'll be sure to comment on their service and the apartment.
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:19 PM
dln

Jennie (and Hana too): We will be back from Italy by the 18th, so watch for my trip report. I certainly need to write one in thanks for all the info I have garnered from this site. We also had a credit card worry: we booked a hotel through a European agency which listed my credit card expiry date backwards. Honest mistake, seeing that we write dates differently than they do. However, my card company rejected the bill. I e=mailed the booking company to tell them how to recitfy the error, and never heard back for more than a week! Of course my booking went kaput. By the time I was contacted I had reserved elsewhere. I wondered a lot about all my credit card info, like you, and now I keep an eagle eye on my bills when they come in!