Search

Sleep in italy for appartment rental in Rome: Feedback needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleep in italy for appartment rental in Rome: Feedback needed

Hello

I am looking to rent an appartment in Rome in May. Has anyone used the service with Sleep in Italy, http://www.sleepinitaly.com ? If yes, Where they reliable?

Thanks
Godin
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 04:38 PM

They were reliable when I used them in Rome.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 08:06 PM

Yes. Take a look at reviews on SlowTrav.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM

We've only used them once but they were fine. Answered all my questions by email and took a small deposit (paid balance in cash on arrival). Apartment was in a great location but was in itself not that great. However, it was one of their cheaper ones.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Great Idea..I will check slowtravel also.
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 04:55 AM

I have used them on three different occasions and they are great. My first time our apartment turned out to have a lot of problems and they offered us another but we were just too lazy to move. They then took the apt. off their list. We went back to Italy and they were so pleased that we came rented from them again that they gave me a great discount and a great apartment in the Campo Fiori area. I rented a few months later and got another great place in the ghetto.

Just tell them what you like, sunlight, kitchen, need utensils for cooking, TV & internet - lift or stairs are okay. All of this info will help them to get you a good place that suits your personal needs. I give them an A+.
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM

We rented an apt thru them in April 09 and were very pleased with their service. The apt was a little off the bus/taxi routes, but that was our fault. We also used their transfer service from and back to the airport and were extremely happy with their driver and vehicles.
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I just booked an apartment near Campo dei fiori ( Balestrati White apt.) and I booked their transfer service.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 07:59 AM

Hi,

Has anybody had any problems with response time from sleep in italy? I am trying to book a couple apartments with them, and have been communicating by email. I realize there is a time difference, and have tried to reach them during their office hours without much luck. From all the reviews I read, it seems that sleep in italy is reliable and responsive, but so far my experience has not shown that. I have submitted my credit card info to them, but have not received a voucher yet. Should I just expect all communications to be this slow?

Thanks,
ccw123
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM

We stayed in one of their apartments in January 2009, and the apartment was great but we had a bit of a problem getting into it.

We were meeting the owner of the apartment at the apartment to let us in and Sleep in Italy did not tell her when we were arriving even though I sent that information to Sleep in Italy. On top of that, our flight was delayed, etc...and we got in much later than expected. When I called the owner from the Atlanta airport and then again from Paris, we could not communicate because we did not share any common language -- English, Spanish or French. She got so frustrated that she hung up on me several times. I finally found a random Italian speaker to talk with her. When we got to the apartment, no one was there and we waited outside for 45 minutes before someone arrived. Also, we landed on a Saturday when the Sleep in Italy office was closed.

For this reason, I would make sure that you can communicate with the owner of the apartment if the owner is the one who is going to let you into the apartment.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 09:08 AM

Thanks for your feedback artsbabe. I'll be sure to try to get the owner's contact info.
Did you have any issues with the communication with sleep in italy prior (in terms of booking or getting information) to your stay?
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM

I've never use this site, usually I check on slowtravel or here http://www.italyrents.com/eng/rome_a...modations.html when I suggest to my friends where going to, we never had problem using both, but I think I'll try your site for my next travel so please let me/us know how was your stay!
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 10:26 AM

I have been using Sleep in Italy almost exclusively for years. I have rented at least 7 or 8 different apartments from them over that time. In each and every case they were excellent.

If you are having a problem contacting them, try sending an email directly to Sabrina Neri (she is one of the managers) at...

[email protected]

dave
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Hi everyone

I finally booked an apartment with Sleep in Italy on Friday. They have been very prompt in reponding to my questions and e-mails. The office is not open on week-end, so I waited until Monday and sure enough they sent me the voucher.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I hope I will get my voucher tomorrow. It takes a full day to get a single email response even when I woke up extra early to communicate with them during their working hours. And sometimes all my questions are not even answered in the emails. It was a bit confusing since I was getting a response both from Sabrina and then from Vicky. I am actually trying to book two apartments (one in Rome and one in Venice). I'll take daveesl's advice and contact sabrina directly on her email if I do not receive my voucher by tomorrow. Thanks again.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 01:02 AM

I am also awaiting confirmation from sleepinitaly..they do seem to be a bit slow. I am also waiting to hear back from them with some advice about an apartment in Venice. I have booked banchi vecchi apartment in Rome...has anyone stayed there....what is it like? Any reccommendations for an apartment for 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters in venice? We would like to be close to a water bus stop.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:25 AM

We were very happy with our apartment and the whole process went well. However, three months after we arrived home, we noticed a new charge of several hundred dollars on our credit card bill for the apartment. It was the exact amount of our deposit. After we sent an e-mail, they apologized and corrected the mistake very promptly.

--Annie
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:54 AM

Their website doesn't seem to be working well in the latest versions of Firefox and Safari. No matter what I click on, I get an Error page when I try to navigate off their home page. Not a good sign. The competition is too stiff and customer dependence on the internet too strong to have a faulty website. They've always been a small agency, overwhelmed by emails, without enough help to handle the volume. Calling was always the best way to get the quickest results. But they do work hard and have been in business for a very long time.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 07:49 AM

I did end up receiving my confirmations today for the two apts I booked (although it did take some emails back and forth to get them). Overall, they were responsive but not as much or as quick as other agencies I've dealt with. I did take daveesl's advice and contacted a certain agent (Sabrina) directly and found the responses to be much quicker and more attentive.
I am staying at the Corso Yellow in Rome (near the Pantheon) and Sant'Angelo in Venice (in San Marco neighborhood). Has anyone had any experiences with either of these two apts?
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 06:01 AM

We didn't have any trouble with confirmations, etc... with Sleep in Italy but this was a year-and-a-half ago and maybe they are busier now and/or short-staffed.