Search

Skipping a ticket detail in Visa application

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipping a ticket detail in Visa application

Hello all,

I am facing an issue regarding my VISA application. I have booked my going and return tickets to Germany. But my return ticket is from Paris, France. I'll be in Bremen, Germany before going to France. After that, I plan to make impromptu trips to certain nearby cities but with one certainty in mind that I have to reach Paris. But I can't furnish all those tickets of impromptu trips right now. So can I write in my personal covering letter that I plan to leave to Paris from Bremen by bus/rail but with not ticket attached ? Thanks .
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 02:09 AM

I highly doubt it. My friend had his fiancées family's schengen visa for France denied because he didn't clearly show one of their tickets and he had to cancel his wedding in France and rebook it in England because the appeal process was so long it was after his proposed wedding date...
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 02:44 AM

If I remember correctly, you plan to travel in mid- to late September.
Even without the requirements that jamikins pointed out, you should finalize your itinerary and especially train/bus ticket reservations NOW. You'd be amazed how expensive a single train ride from Bremen or elsewhere to Paris can become if you do not get the tickets in advance.
Though, I assume that it does not matter if your impromptu trips concerned only day trips, e.g. from Bremen to Hamburg and back same day.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Why don't you just get your Bremen to Paris ticket now? the authorities don't care about impromptu trips, just when and where you are arriving and when and where you are leaving. they have neither the time nor inclination to monitor your every move.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:43 AM
Original Poster

Yes. Well I have got them figured out in a way that gives me a time window of a week to book them at decent prices. E.g. As I mentioned in my earlier post that I might go to Amsterdam and then to Paris, I checked after-a-week prices for both and they are pretty reasonable. But still we are unsure whether we are going to follow this or the one with Prague (of which I have one ticket booked and couple of them can again be done in week advance.)

So all this drama is due to the Visa application that I plan to submit tomorrow itself which is a month before my actual trip date. That is why all the confusion.

P.S. someone told me that Visa people are generally only interested in going and returning tickets . If that be the case, then I can perhaps mention my Bremen - to Paris trip in words in my personal covering letter.

Kindly give your valuable suggestions. As told earlier, I plan to go to Visa office tomorrow . Thanks.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:44 AM
Original Poster

@Annhig Because I am not going directly to Paris from Bremen. I plan to stay at some other cities in the way eg. Amsterdam.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:45 AM

My suggestion is to buy the ticket for Bremen to Paris before submitting the application and attaching it to the application.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:47 AM

We were posting at the same time but I would seriously reconsider not including this ticket. What will you do if the visa is denied?
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:48 AM

You could buy the cheapest bus ticket from Bremen to Paris and then not use it - consider it a cost if getting your visa.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Also to add to this an important point: I already have a ticket booked from Munich to Paris. Now can I show this ticket but don't show any ticket from Bremen to Munich?
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 04:55 AM

Aren't you fast coming up on the time when it will be too late to get the Visa? Seems you need to bite the bullet and make up your mind or risk not getting a Visa.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Well, people told me that one month in advance is decent window. Ain't that so?
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM

Has the German embassy told you that one month is plenty of time?
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 09:34 AM

Nobody needs a month to get a visa.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 11:46 AM

So argue with folks giving good advice on a travel board, and if your visa is denied, then what? We do not have any official anything to offer, just good and sensible advice. Do you have another plan if your visa is denied? Just buy the cheap bus ticket would be my advice, and leave no holes in your itinerary.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 12:55 PM

I'm not an expert for visas for citizens of India. I just asked if the OP is sure there will be enough time if they wait to make arrangements.

They're the ones that need to deal with the embassy.
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

@All Visa approved. Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated .
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 10:48 AM

So did you need the return ticket? It would be helpful for others reading this thread to explain what happened
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Return ticket I had. That has to be there. But I wanted to skip a ticket detail of internal travel from Bremen to Paris. From the comments here, I realized that this can be a risk but one of my friends had done it before but it involved two cities from the same country (Madrid -> Barca). So what I did was that I showed a ticket from Munich to Paris but didn't show a ticket from Bremen to Munich. I did mention that on my Personal covering letter that I'll avail a bus service to travel from Bremen to Munich.
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:32 AM

Great, thank you! It's good to know how things turn out so thanks for coming back to let us know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -