Reload this Page >

ski switzerland in early December?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 09:27 AM
Lisa

Hi, <BR> <BR>I will be on Geneva on business in early December and wanted to know what nearby resorts will have guaranteed good snow at that time of year. I am a beginner but my husband is an advanced snowboarder. WE are also considering French ski resorts that are nearby. <BR> <BR>Thank you!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 11:23 AM
Anita

You could try Tignes in France. It is about 4 hrs drive from Geneva, but it is an all year round resort as there is glacier skiing in the summer. It is very high and this altitude is therefore going to have snow.There are some other resorts nearby and I will try and think of their names and let you know

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:09 AM
Anita

The other resorts i can think of are Verbier, Avoriaz, and anywhere in the Haute Savoie region . The best snow is at altitude. Les Trois Vallees area is high too. Happy Skiing !

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:35 PM
Mika

Perhaps Zermatt????? Check it out.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Ed

The only &gt;&gt;guaranteed&lt;&lt; snow you'll find that early will be year-round snow ... glacier skiing. The Klein Matterhorn at Zermatt is one that comes immediately to mind. <BR> <BR>twenj