Sixt Car Rental....Opinions?

Jan 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Sixt Car Rental....Opinions?

I found the best deal for the car category we want for our 6 days in France. We have always rented from Hertz or AutoEurope abroad....any experiences negative or positive with a Sixt rental in France??
Jan 29th, 2009, 11:42 AM

Sixt has been around a long time (longer then AutoEurope). It is a very well known agency. You should have no problems . . . . .
Jan 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM

I tracked that stuff and word of mouth on Sixt is good and getting better.
Jan 29th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Sixt is the market leader in Germany (and many other European countries). Very professional.

AutoEurope is not a car rental agency - it is a consolidator.
Jan 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM

We just used Sixt out of Germany for a 2 week rental. Very nice, no problems. The only issues is that there was no spare which is common in Europe and the Blue sign that you need for some parking lots was missing. The car was great and they were great with the return as well.
Jan 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Just copied my previously given response to a similar Sixt rental question: We have used it in Aug 2007 in Paris for a week. Two months later we received a letter asking for an accident report number or the payment of 500 euros for a dent. Needless to say it took a zillion letters to make them understand there had been no accident. Others on this forum suggested taking pictures before you turn in the car, which is clearly what I'll do next time.

The rental occurred at the Gare de Lyon location in Paris.
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:25 PM

We used Sixt in France last month and were totally pleased with the service and the price--no add-ons, and the policy is to return the car with a full tank of gas. The price was good as well.