Search

Sister`Wendy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Gigi

Sister`Wendy

Great Britain's famous "art nun," Sister Wendy Beckett, will give a personal tour of the Cleveland Museum of Art in the last of her six-part PBS series "Sister Wendy's American Collection" on Wednesday, September 19 at 9 p.m. For more information on the series, see www.pbs.org/wgbh/sisterwendy/.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 09:37 PM
Chris

I LOVE Sister Wendy!! I'm sorry I'll miss it! I'll have to look for it when I get back.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Gigi

Hi, Chris, <BR>I enjoy herperspective as well. I may <BR>not always agree with her, but that is what interpretation is. <BR>She is doing a series of six programs from museums around the US. Check your PBS online and perhaps you can catch it <BR>another time (assuming you are from the US). <BR>Take care, Chris. <BR>Gigi

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 09:24 AM
sandi

I saw part of that as well...and also love her perspective. She toured through Ft.Worth Texas great Kimbell Art Museum also. It was a lot of fun to see your local museum being singled out like that.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Chris

Hi Gigi <BR> <BR>I'm American, but not living in the US right now. I'll have to try to track down the tapes when I get back or ask a friend to tape it for me. <BR> <BR>I love when she talks about the "nudes". What a hoot to hear a nun talk about how breasts are positioned! <BR> <BR>Thanks for the tip. Good timing too -- I just saw one of her books in the Louvre bookstore! <BR> <BR>Be careful over there <BR>Chris <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Gigi

Sandi, <BR>How fun for you! I could watch all her shows and not get bored. She is doing programs from Chicago, Cleveland, LA, New York, and 2 others. Perhaps it is on yours! <BR> <BR>Chris! <BR>Perhaps I can help with the tapes. I always try to tape her programs. She IS funny when she talks about the nudes. What a following she has. And, how very easy and conversational she appears. <BR>Can you share where you are, Chris? <BR>It is pretty sad back here. I a crushed by all this. The death toll in New York went up by almost 1,000 today. <BR>The counrty is truly grief stricken. <BR>I am trying to get excited about my upcoming trip to Paris. Even that is difficult. <BR>Blessings, <BR>Gigi

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Robin

The two other museums are MFA in Boston and the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth. That's the episode I saw, and it was terrific. I never tire of her, and always learn something.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Chris

Bon jour Gigi --how's that for a clue as to where I am?! <BR> <BR>I'm in Lyon, France now. My husband's been working here for the last 20 mos. We were due to come back to the US (NJ) on the 13th (to begin settling back in), but have had to postpone plans until the beginning of October. <BR> <BR>It's been rough here too, flowers have piled up in front of the consulate (which is now heavily guarded). French firemen have gone to the US to try to help. <BR> <BR>If you can, do make your trip. I'm grateful to be here now, because it's better for me not to be immersed in the tragedy 24/7 (it's no longer on every channel, the newspapers report on other news, it's not talked about EVERYWHERE, etc). I've missed some of the feeling of being "connected" (it's like watching it all happen through a window), however the people I know here have been checking up to see how we're doing, asking about family and friends. <BR> <BR>And (I hope I don't eat these words later) I feel safer here. <BR> <BR>How far off is your trip? Are you just going to Paris? First time? Millionth time? <BR> <BR>If you'd like, you can email me at [email protected] <BR> <BR>Chris