Single, nervous American

Dec 23rd, 2000, 12:15 PM
Jackie

Single, nervous American

Hi...

I want to start planning a trip (before my passport expires) to Ireland...I am going to be traveling alone...for the life of me I can't find any tour groups that go to simple B&B's, some small towns, pubs...simple stuff..can anyone help?

Dec 23rd, 2000, 01:19 PM
John

Hi Jackie:

Why do you look at Rick Steves Back Door tours. I have used his books but not his tours. But they usually use the simple B&Bs thaand aeas that you might be interested in. The web site is
www.ricksteves.com

JOHN

Dec 23rd, 2000, 07:41 PM
Kay

Jackie, try and find an Explore brochure, they have small group tours that "travel and live the way the locals do". You might find their brochure through Adventure World. I think Explore is based in the UK so hopefully will have tours in Ireland. Good luck, Kay

Dec 25th, 2000, 05:59 AM
simone

try backroadstouring.co.uk

Dec 26th, 2000, 10:10 AM
Lesli

You might also want to look into HF Holidays, a UK-based company that does primarily walking tours, but also other types of organized tours, throughout Europe and the UK. They base in "country house hotels", and many of their itineraries include smaller villages. Website: www.hfholidays.co.uk

Or go for it on your own! Have not been to Ireland yet, but many say it's extremely friendly to solo travellers. You could try a search here for "solo Ireland" to find some posts on this subject.

Dec 26th, 2000, 02:39 PM
Joe

I second the HF Holdiays suggestion. My wife and I have gone on four HF walking trips and met great people on each. They always include a mix of couples and singles, and it's a great way to see an area.