Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Villa Vignamaggio or Relais La Suvera?

Dec 7th, 2000, 11:10 AM
kay

Fellow fodorites- I am deciding between tow seemingly wonderful Tuscan hotels...and need your help making a decision!

Villa Vignamaggio vs. Relais La Suvera. Relais La Suvera is about 1.5 times more expensive but also looks very luxurious. Vignamaggio seems very charming and is always well talked about from other travellers. Vignamaggio does not have apts. available in its Fienile building, only in the main Villa and the Casolese building. Has anyone stayed in these buildings before? If so, can you relay your thoughts...

p.s. this is part of a honeymoon..

Dec 7th, 2000, 11:46 AM
faye

I had friends that stayed in the main villa at Villa Vignamaggio, and had raving reviews. We will be traveling to Italy next summer, and just booked the Casolese. I would like to hear comments about the Casolese too.

Dec 7th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Dona

Kay,

When I was in Tuscany last, I stopped at Relais La Suvera and it is, truly, luxurious. A really beautiful place... I did put it on my list of places to stay in the future.

Dona

Dec 7th, 2000, 02:55 PM
Kay

Dona-

Have you seen or stayed at Vignamaggio? It would be great to be able to compare the two!

Dec 8th, 2000, 09:39 AM
kay

Anyone else stayed in both La Suvera and Villa Vignamaggio? contrasts, comparisons, suggestions.....?

Dec 26th, 2000, 03:19 PM
Carin

Kay, do a text search on the Villa Vignamaggio. I've read about it several times on this forum - always positive comments. Good luck! Happy Honeymooning!