Search

SIERRA NEVADA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 05:37 PM
LAURA

SIERRA NEVADA

I HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SKI IN MARCH IN SIERRA NEVADA, WOULD ANYONE HAPPEN TO KNOW WHAT THE CONDITIONS TEND TO BE LIKE DURING <BR>THE MONTH OF MARCH?

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 06:26 PM
howard

Shouldn't you be posting this question in the US forum?

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 08:35 PM
ski bum

Depends on the season. Usually good. High eleveation places like Kirkwood, Heavenly almost always terrific then.

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 08:37 PM
Holly

Laura: <BR> <BR>In a word, SNOWY. <BR> <BR>Holly <BR>Reno, Nevada <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 10:59 PM
cova

Hi Laura. <BR>March is usually a great time in Sierra Nevada. Despite being in the south of Spain, and just 30 km from Granada, itīs one of the best ski resorts in Spain, with plenty of snow through all the season. <BR>I am sending you the official URL for Sierra Nevada, I am afraid it is only in Spanish, but it can give you a general idea. <BR>http://www.sierranevadaski.com/ <BR>If you do a search in this forum (Sierra Nevada), you will find a few interesting messages. <BR>Usually there is plenty of snow, the weather is getting warmer, and you can even go down to Almuņecar or Salobreņa, and swim in the Mediterranean. <BR>If you want to ski all day long, Iīll try to stay at the resort. There are quite a few hotels there. My brother has stayed both at the Rumaikiyya and the Melia Solynieve, but lately they say that "The Lodge" is quite nice. <BR>If you decide to stay in Granada, think that you will have at least 45 minutes to arrive to the resort (45 precious minutes of sleep). You can always stay at the resort, and set aside one day to visit the Alhambra. In that case, remember to book the tickets in advance. There are plenty of info about it in this forum. <BR>Enjoy your time, and bring a lot of solar protection. You will need it.