Sienna Parking

Mar 29th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Sienna Parking

We will be driving into Sienna and staying in the Residena d'Epoca Pala. There is no parking with the hotel. From what I've read driving and parking in Sienna can be difficult. Any suggestions on where to park? Should we try to drive to hotel, unload (we will have a carry-on and another small purse-like bag per person) or park somewhere on the outskirts and wlk/taxi to hotel?
Thanks,
Jane
Mar 29th, 2007, 06:32 AM

I'll ask the obvious...have you asked your hotel where to park?
Mar 29th, 2007, 06:39 AM

There is parking outside the walls in Sienna. Our hotel did not have parking but we were allowed to drive in and unload luggage quickly at hotel entrance and they directed us to the car park. Driving in Sienna is very difficult. Narrow streets and pedestrians everywhere. If you can get good directions from your hotel as to where the nearest car park is it would be advisable to wheel your bags along if you will be packing light. We made this big mistake: we failed to find out exactly which porto/gate to enter nearest our hotel. There are seven portos and we entered from the opposite side of the town and driving through was stressful to say the least. The hotel should have explained this. The streets of these walled towns were never designed for cars. Have a great trip. Sienna was larger than we expected.
Mar 29th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

We did ask the hotel, they were not very helpful. Now that I know more specificly what to ask, which gate is closest, maybe they will be more forthcoming with advice.
Thanks, Buongiorno and Nini.
Mar 29th, 2007, 07:00 AM

I assume you mean the Residenza d'Epoca Palazzo Fani Mignanelli at Via Banchi di Sopra 15 in Siena.

I put the address in www.mappy.com and it ave driving directions. That might give you a start.