Reload this Page >

Siena and Rome, 6/3-6/18

Search

Siena and Rome, 6/3-6/18

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Alice

Siena and Rome, 6/3-6/18

Hi everyone,<BR><BR>Well, we’ve finalized our plans for our Honeymoon, and are getting very excited! I have 2 general questions... maybe 3 <BR><BR>1. I’ve heard that the first 2 weeks in June are not QUITE “high” season in Italy for tourists. Is that true, or should I expect Siena and Rome to be as crowded as July?<BR><BR>2. Has anyone stayed at the Villa Scacciapensieri outside Siena, or the Casa Howard in Rome RECENTLY? I’d love to hear reviews.<BR><BR>3. Anyone know of places in Tuscany where you can tour an olive oil process? I’ll be searching for the BEST olive oil to bring home, and would love some suggestions.<BR><BR>Thanks again for all the fantastic info and humor on the board!<BR><BR>- Alice

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Me

ttt

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:25 AM
KIP

1. Once upon a time that might have been true (June not quite as high as July). No longer. It'll be crowded. I'd still take beginning of June over July as weather should be a smidge better.<BR><BR>Have a great trip!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Alice

Thanks, Kip!<BR><BR>Anyone out there who can answer my other questions? Thay’re not that hard, really!<BR><BR>- Alice

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Cindy

Hi Alice--happy honeymoon! We will be in Rome and Tuscany almost the same time as you--leaving June 6 and returning June 17. I've read lots about the area, and except for a few small villas that make their own olive oil, I don't recall reading about a place that offers tours. We're staying at the Hotel Isa in Rome and in a villa near Lucca, so can't help you with your hotel questions-sorry, but I'm sure someone will. I plan to bring home some great olive oil too, along with a few bottles of wine, some parmagiana, a few bags of dried porcini mushrooms...I need an empty suitcase just for food purchases!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:15 PM
me

ttt