Side mirror Ireland

Aug 7th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Side mirror Ireland

This may seem like a strange question but for all of those who have lost their side mirrors in Ireland...What did you? Did you have them repaired or have the rental company repair them? How much did it cost?(It doesnt look like it is covered under insurance..is it?) We are going to Ireland for our first time in Sept. and I was just curious. Not worried about it but it seems to be in alot of posts. Thanks in advance!
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:50 PM

On my last trip to England I talked my way out of mine as I truly thought I was given the car with a dented mirror. Just be sure and check your car real well before you take off because sometimes the mirrors are only damaged and they do not always fix them.

Another tip: Pay extra for the automatic transmission. I drive sticks in the US all the time with no problem. Same in Europe. But in England/Ireland it is going to make your trip a lot easier with an automatic. You are not used to shifting with your left hand and it will get confusing in traffic. Automatic is worth the money.
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:57 PM

I have to disagree with Bob. I had used automatics for four other trips and finally tried a stick shift. I had no problem. One might write that off to experience, but my brother in law had never driven in the UK or Ireland and they ran out of automatics and he handled a stick just fine. I actually found it to be a lot of fun. I kept trying to shift with my door handle when I returned.

Bill
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:05 PM

What I love in some cars we've rented in europe are those side view mirrors that fold in! We were parking in a very tight space , watching one side and the other touched a pillar! Man we thought we'd done it! As my DH was swearing the parking attendent came up and flipped it back in place!!

I Want those on my car!!
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

We actually have a friend in Belfast who will be doing the driving for us.
I am glad too after reading some of the posts on the subject. Thanks for your responses and I have decided if we do break one off...hey...its a nice mantle piece with a story =)

Search this Thread