Reload this Page >

Southern Italy in May -- Help!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:02 AM
pooja

My husband and I are thinking of 10-12 days in Southern Italy in May 2003. I know there is so much to see, but we want to see the Almalfi Coast, Capri, Sorrento atleast --- where else is a must? Your experiences in nice hotels in these locations would be extremely helpful, our budget per night is not over 100 Euros (is this possible??). <BR><BR>Also, is May a good time of the year to visit this area?? Is 10-12 days a sufficient amount of time?<BR><BR>Thanks so much for your help!

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 08:20 AM
colin

May is nice in the south.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Carol

I have found that May is a lovely month to travel since all of the flowers a coming into bloom and the number of tourists is tolerable.<BR><BR>Since your budget is limited for hotels, you might want to find an apartment to rent and use that as a base and which might be more reasonable.<BR><BR>As far as sites, I would add Pompeii or Paestrum as a day trip and be sure to explore the smaller towns on the coast.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 10:04 AM
?

appears to be a serious question but poster's e-mail address suggests otherwise

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 11:27 AM
I think it's a different kind of commentary

Perhaps pooja is saying that it's a joke that you are &quot;required&quot; to fill in an e-mail address to be able to post.<BR><BR>Is it not?<BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Myer

We've been to Sorrento twice in the past few years.<BR><BR>In late June it was a little warm but beautiful. In early June it was fine but not all services were in operation until at least the middle of the month or a bit later.<BR><BR>I would go for very late May or early June. Good weather and before real crowds.<BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 01:55 PM
cmt

I would guess that May might be one of the most ideal times to be in southern Italy--possibly THE best time. (April, Sept., and Oct. are probably really good, too, but I don't really think there's any BAD time.) BUT if you want to swim in the sea, the water will probably be too cold in May.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:13 PM
itzforyour

Positano is so beautiful. Stop there.