Reload this Page >

Sicily--November weather

Search

Sicily--November weather

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 07:36 AM
the other Sicula

Sicily--November weather

I'll be going to Sicily in November (mid-November). I've been there three times before. This time I will be taking an unusual small-group tour that goes to parts of Sicily that I haven't seen before and that would be hard to reach by public transportation, and will also be going to a small town on my own for a day or two before or after the tour. For reasons that remain a mystery, the tour is offered only in april and Novemeber, and since the April tour was cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, I switched to the Novemeber one which has enough people signed up to go. <BR><BR>My only concern is the weather. From what I've read, November seems the worst month in terms of weatehr. If you have been to Sicily in November, would you tell me about the rangbe of weather you experienced. Thanks.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:53 AM
the other Sicula

Among other typos above, I meant "range" of weather.<BR><BR>Did you have a lot of rain in November in Sicily?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Dianne

I have detailed Nov/99 weather. From my journal:<BR><BR>Nov.13 Mainly cloudy, rainy, windy as we drove to Taormina from Sorrento.<BR>Nov.14 Warm and sunny in Taormina.<BR>Nov.15 Sunny AM, cloudy PM as we drove to Mt.Etna then Siracusa.<BR>Nov.16 Warm and sunny in Agrigento.<BR>Nov.17 Warm and sunny in Selinunte then some rain in the afternoon.<BR>Nov.18 Sunny in Palermo. Big storm that night during overnight ferry crossing. Not fun but survived!<BR><BR>I had also heard November was the worst month for rain. Hopefully for you it'll be similar to 1999 this year. It was much nicer than I expected and I'm wearing t-shirts, no jacket in almost all my photos. <BR><BR>Another big plus - tourist crowds were very light!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 09:41 PM
dodin

November it's the worst month in terms of weather in Italy. You must expect heavy rains all over the country, but not in the south coast of Sicily. In November, the average high temperature is 70° F; average low temperatureis 60°F.<BR>Average precipitation it's less than 2 inches. We live here and in the last 2 years it hardly rained in November.<BR>http://verdetecnica.tripod.com<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 04:58 PM
the other sicula

Dianne, thanks for the report of the weather you experienced. I have a feeling that maybe the WORST weather month in Sicily is might still be better than the best weather moth in a lot of other places.<BR><BR>Dodin, I will not be on the south coast. I know it's usually hotter and drier there. I will be mostly in the west and north, both coastal and interior mountain areas. I know that the interior mountain areas can be a lot cooler than other parts of Sicily.