Sicily in October

Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Sicily in October

Hello,
My boyfriend and I are going to be in Sicily for 5 nights in October. This will be the last five nights of our Italy vacation. I'm not sure where a good place is to stay. We're flying into Catania. Any suggestions? If you have a suggestions for a town, do you know of any good hotels under $100?

Thanks!
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 01:45 PM

We were in Sicily last October into November. We also flew into Catania. We picked up our car and drove to Taormina where we stayed for 5 days at the Hotel Timeo and did day trips. As far as the rates, this hotel is much more than $100. I am sure if you look in the Fodor's book on Sicily you will be able to find something in your price range. I have the book and it does list a number of moderate and budget hotels.Taormina was great because a night you can walk to the restaurants and bars it is a walking town.
Good luck and enjoy
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 01:57 PM

Most of the people on this board refer new visitors to Taormina. I think it's because it's the most tourist friendly. It's also, IMHO, the least Sicilian destination on the Island. May I suggest staying at either Giardini-Naxos or Letojanni? They are located on either side of Taormina and are places where Sicilians go for vacations. They are not as pretty as Taormina, but they have much nicer beaches and are a lot cheaper. We stayed at the Villa Mora in Giardini which is well within your budget. If you want to go to Taormina for the day (or dinner),it's only a 15 minute busride.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 01:58 PM

Corleone
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM

When in October will you be in Sicily? And what would you prefer to do in Sicily?

Without some idea of your preferences, it's difficult for anyone to suggest anything other than the obvious, i.e., Taormina.

I suspect that the suggestion of Corleone was meant ironically...
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 10:37 PM

actually i think it is the coolest village in sicily.thats where i would want to stay.

Sam
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 07:44 AM

The following hotels in Giardini Naxos , on the coast south of Taormina,
may suit .
i] Sant Alphio Garden Hotel
ii] Caesar's Palace Hotel
iii] Hotel Sabbie D'Oro
iv] Hotel Del Sole

The first 3 have websites .

Enjoy the trip