Search

Sicily hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sicily hotels

We decided yesterday to go to Sicily next Friday (we're retired)! Years ago we spent time there and had no problems just driving into a town and getting a hotel. I've been trying to get reservations and I find that many of the hotels seem to be booked - or the reviews are so mixed I hesitate to reserve. Here's my itinerary - any suggestions for a decent hotel - clean, quiet, with bath, and parking, but close to city center or attraction if possible. I'd like to pay $150 or less if possible, but can go higher (but we are out of the backpackers age group). Here's where we want to go:
Erice 2 nights -the Moderno is booked. has anyone stayed at La Pineta or Hotel Ermione?
Arigento 2 nights -I was ready to book at Villa Eos, but saw terrible reviews on another site.
Enna 2 nights
Siracusa 3 nights, in Ortygia if possible- Hotel Gutkowski got mixed reviews-some said it was noisy
Taormina 3 nights
Cefalu 2 nights
Palermo 4 nights - would like something near the area where the airport bus stops. In an area that would be nice to walk at night.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially if there are web addresses. I know what I want to see, but this hotel situation has me stressed. Is it possible to do what I did in the "old days" (25 years ago)and drive up to a small hotel and get decent room? Of course I'm shocked at the prices, too. Thanks in advance for anyhelp.
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 04:32 AM

Verdetecnica is a lovely agriturismo outside of Sciacca - about 45 minutes from Agrigento - well within your budget and with lots of parking.

http://www.tosicily.it/

Old Apr 30th, 2006, 06:12 AM

would recommend Domus Mariae on Ortygia, Siracusa.
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 06:14 AM

See if this helps !
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...amp;dirtyBit=1
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM

We leave in 20 days for Sicily - our first time! I can tell you where we plan to stay. Palermo (aicartari.com) Piazza Armerina (gigliotto.com) Taormina (Condorhotel.com) I hope this helps!