Search

Sicily Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:03 PM
Elaine

Sicily Hotels

First timers to Sicily. Anyone know of inexpensive but nice hotels in Palermo suitable for an active, older couple. Any reccomendations for the rest of the island? Will have a car for the first 9 days.Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 01:00 PM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Elaine<BR>Look into the JOLLY HOTEL CHAIN, they<BR>have locations in Palermo, Agrigento<BR>Siracuse, Catania and other places<BR>in Sicily, most with swimming pools<BR>and in fairly good locations. Their<BR>dining rooms are good and also convient..<BR>Have stayed in a number of them over the<BR>years and have been mostly satisified...<BR>Look into www.jollyhotels.it/<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Helen Coburn

If you go to Agrigento- and please do-I can recommend the Gran Hotel Mose at the Villagio Mose. Lovely rooms, good breakfast, fair rates and very friendly service. Perfect for the temples and when you go to them, try to go very early in the morning- they are spectacular just after sunrise. By the way, be careful about very cheap hotels in Palermo, some are really terrible. As already recommended, the Jolly Hotels are good for the cities. Good luck!

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:39 AM
meg

Elaine<BR>We stayed at the Casena dei Colli Hotel in Palermo last November which was a little out of the centre (so peaceful. It's in Via Villa Rosato Tel (0)91 6889771. A short walk brought you to the bus stop for a 10 minute ride into the centre. I'd recommend taking a taxi to the hotel from the airport- we had a hire car and finding the hotel in the dark was tricky. In Agrigento we stayed at Hotel Tre Torri which I would NOT recommend- it was like ataying in Cell Black H (ugly concrete block) and no views of the Valley of the Temples<BR>You're sure to enjoy Sicily-have fun

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:41 AM
meg

Forgot to mention our favourite- the Domus Mariae in Siracusa- it's a former convent which has been beautifully converted.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 06:56 PM
NancyShilepsky

We did not have a good experience at the Jolly in Palermo, although we have heard that it is a good chain. Domus Mariae is wonderful. We loved Taromina and the hotel we stayed at there - Villa Fiorella or something like that. Have a great trip!