Search

Sicily

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2003, 10:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sicily

My sister and I are planning to go to Sicily next year. We are not sure when to go and need help in this regard. We were thinking of April or early May. Does anyone know what the weather is like during that time in Taormina and Saracusa. The only weather report I could get was for Palermo. We do not want to go when it rains or when it is to hot. I have read about the winds but do not know if that would be a problem too. Is it safe for two women travellers (late forty's) on their own?

Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:01 AM
RAR

I just got back from 2 weeks there... the weather all over the island was pretty damn nice really. It was like 70 degrees most days and sunny. It rained twice in 15 days. Yes it's "safe".. but like anywhere it's only safe if you use your head.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:50 AM

For Palermo weather check out:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16405.html

I was in Sicily the end of March to early April and the weather was very rainy. I was told it was a freak thing, but for future trips I would wait until late April early May. Of course that doesn't guarantee great weather.... if you are a beach person wait until May.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:14 PM

Several years ago myself and two daughters went to Sicily in spite of everyone who warned us not to go 'alone'. We had a wonderful time and the people were the friendliest in all of Italy. We were there the second week of May and the weather was perfect for sightseeing although a little cool in Taormina for swimming. I had also heard about the winds (can't remember what the Italian word is) but we didn't encounter them at all. Go and have a great time!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:03 AM
RAR

The "sirocco" winds arrive in July I believe.