sicilian agriturismo

Search

sicilian agriturismo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicilian agriturismo

We're planning a two week trip to Sicily next spring and we'd like to stay at some agriturismo. Any to highly recommend? Especially interested in one in a less travelled area, not for when we visit cities.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 01:33 PM

I stayed at two different aziendas agrituristicas during my recent stay in Sicily, and was very happy with both.

San Giovannello (Enna province)
www.sangiovannello.it

Baglio Fontanasalsa (Trapani province)
www.fontanasalsa.it

In my recent trip report I write about both of them and provide a link to my travel blog that has some photos.

Click on my screenname (Presocia) and you'll see "Trip Report: Northwestern and Central Sicily" show up on the lefthand side of your screen.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 08:05 PM

Hi-
I spent 8 days in Sicily on the less touristed West coast and loved it.
Click on my name and you will probably find some of my postings on it.
Or, you can visit my website and see my travelogues and photos.
http://www.wired2theworld.com
We also stayed in a place called Baglio Fontana, but I think it's different than the poster above.
Have a great trip!
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 07:41 AM

I live near Valle de Margi, an agriturismo about 20 minutes from Caltagirone and 45 from Piazza Armerina (Roughly 2 hours from Taromina). I've eaten there several times and it is excllent. I recently checked lodging rates for family coming in May. The high rate (includes board) is 45E per person. I think this is a great price! It is a beautiful location, beautiful buildings (plus nice pool) very easy to get to (lots of signs off of the 417, Catania-Gela road). I do not think it is touristy, that is with American tourist (lots of Italian tourist).. but you may hear some American English, as it is close to a US Mil Housing- however, DO NOT let this disuade you from going. It is a v. small base and I have never seen another American at the Agriturismo. In fact, they always think I'm German, not American. Hope this helps.

http://www.valledeimargi.it/azienda.asp
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 09:01 PM

We liked the Fattoria Manostalla at Villa Chiarelli in Balestrate. Great location for Segesta, Monreale, Erice & Trapani.

The setting is rural and very evocative, a 200 year old baglio run by the Jesuits. The current owners are so friendly, the food is authentic, home cooking from their products on the fattoria.

Imagine watching the ricotta being made fresh daily in the dairy, and having it served for dinner and breakfast, along with the rest of a delicious meal with local wine and olive oil. Yummm.

http://www.fattoriamanostalla.com/en/servizi.htm