Shuttle from CDG-Charles de Gaulle

May 29th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Joe

Shuttle from CDG-Charles de Gaulle

Any information on reliable shuttle service from Charles de Gaulle Airport and the
Hôtel du Champ de Mars
7,Rue du Champ de Mars
in the Invalides, Tour Eiffel area of Paris.

May 29th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Kathy

I've used Airport Shuttle and ParisShuttle. I made the reservations via e-mail a few days before leaving for Paris. After arriving at CDG, I phoned the shuttle company, found out my meeting point, picked up my luggage, and met the shuttle at the appropriate spot. Both companies were efficient - the vans were waiting for me as I was exiting w/ my luggage.

The prices for both shuttle companies were comparable. As far as I can tell, it's better to take a shuttle if there's just one (but no more than 2) in the party or you have lots of luggage (no per luggage piece charge). If there are more than 2 of you, you might want to take a taxi because it would be more comfortable and you wouldn't have to make unnecessary stops to drop off other passengers.

May 29th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Huh?

Why did you need TWO shuttles? I know Americans are big but this doesn't seem possible!

May 29th, 2002, 09:58 PM
madhu

Our experience with Pari Shuttle was not good. We waited at the airport for 1.5 hours (they kept telling us to wait another 10 minutes) and finally took a cab. All this after having made the reservations via email and receiving a confirmation. U might wanna try Air France Shuttle. It will drop U at Etoile (near Arche de Triomphe). From there, just cab it. Its barely 5 minutes to your hotel from Air France Terminal at Etoile. We also stayed in Tour Eiffel Area and took Air France coach on our way back to Airport. Had 2 suitcases, 2 backpacks and 1 laptop bag. Had no trouble.

Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:07 AM
ed

Stayed at that same hotel in Paris a few years ago, after arriving at CDG. We used the instructions in Rick Steves book about just taking the train in from the airport. I think there was a short bus ride from the terminal to the place to board the train. The train takes you right to the Gare de Nord. You then enter the metro system. There is one change of trains once you enter the metro. It really wasn't bad, and we had 2 teens and baggage. The hotel was fine. Go down near the Eiffel Tower after dark. Neat

Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:11 AM
Statia

My husband and I also very easily took the RER into the city upon arriving CDG. We each had a small rolling suitcase, as well as a backpack and had no problems. When we found our stop, we got off and walked a couple of blocks to the hotel.

This is a good idea only if you have limited luggage, though. It's also quite affordable, although I don't remember the exact cost.

Good luck!