should we go here?

Sep 12th, 2005, 03:06 PM
irish33

should we go here?

Hello all! I am looking for some info on Maratea. I don't know much about this area and have never been to Italy before. There are many places in Italy that we want to visit but are unsure how much time to spend here. I would appreciate any guidance/info that someone could offer!

Thanks!

Sep 12th, 2005, 03:14 PM
cmt

Will you be traveling elsewhere in Basilicata and Calabria, or were just just thinking of going to Maratea only? Need to know more about your plans and what you hope to experience in Maratea and what time of year in order to comment.
rex

What if you went to the library, and on every volume, on every shelf, the printing on each spine said "Wouldn't you like to read this book?"

I see that you are new here - - how did I know that? click on your own name (this is one of the numerous useful tips that Fodors fails to tell you when they send you that first e-mail confirming your registration) - - we'll assume that you also did not know to read the "HELP" (little tiny red letters in the upper lefthand corner) - - another oversight that Fodors fails to recommend to you to do.

Anyhow, you owe it to yourself to take a look there: http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm - - especially http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm#Q6 - - which I have listed below, in excerpt form, for you (my own emphasis added):

=========================

Finally, create a title - make sure it is concise and clearly describes your message (and destination, if applicable) -- and write your message in the space provided

==========================

Thus, when you re-post - - and you really should do that - - be sure and mention Maratea in your message header.

Best wishes,

Rex
cmt

P.S. I suggest re-posting in a new thread, with Maratea mentioned in your title.
Sep 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM

I went to Maratea for 2 nights in August 2004. The whole area is beautiful, and the "Il Redentore" statue on the top of the mountain is stunning. Please click on my screen name and you will find a report that is mostly Sardinia, but I spoke of my Maratea experience there. We had flown in to Naples, toured Paestum for an afternoon and need a place to rest before heading on to Calabria. It would probably be a nice place to add onto a Naples/Amalfi Coast trip, as the Cilento Coast is known as a much-less touristed version of the Amalfi.
Oct 14th, 2005, 10:03 PM
rex

topping...