Shopping for Menswear in Venice

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping for Menswear in Venice

Any store recommendations (I'm trying to avoid ones that are very expensive and well-known in the U.S. like Canali, etc.) for men's shirts and suits, etc.? Thank you.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 06:18 PM

Hi uluvbs, Venice is a very expensive city. I do not know about men's clothes but I have never purchased women's clothes in Venice, they are always overpriced. Venice is overloaded with tourist and consequently prices are high. My late husband never made any purchases for himself in Venice due to the prices except I think a few Italian silk ties.

The only suggestion I can give you is if you can talk to some residents there and ask where they buy their clothes. They may be able to direct you to a clothing store where they shop. Somewhere out of the tourist area perhaps. Have a fun trip!

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 06:48 PM
DAX

I agree with Loveitaly. British airways lost my lugage (as they often do) for the entire four days I was Venice. The airline reimbursement would not even cover the cost of one pair of pants. Most stores in Venice are small boutiques with elevated prices.