Reload this Page >

Shopping "Districts" in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 11:51 AM
Kate

Help! I used to live near London, but somehow I've forgotten the name of the two big shopping areas in London (I'm not talking about Harrod's; I'm talking about the areas with block after block of different stores/shops). I'm thinking one was the 'Oxford Street area', and I don't remember the other. Can you help me with the names and rough locations of the areas? I have a relative that would like the information.

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 01:42 PM
Sheila

One is certainly Oxford Street.The area around Harrods is called Knightsbridge, but the other could be one of many. Covent Garden?

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 02:35 PM
Sterling

Bond Street?

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 03:36 PM
Catherine

What about Kensington high St and the Kings road Chelsea.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 04:54 PM
Kathy

<BR>Hi! Can someone please tell me if the <BR>stores are open in London on Sundays. <BR>Thanks Kathy

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 06:38 PM
wes fowler

Kathy, <BR>Stores are not open on Sundays; West End stores are usually open until 7PM or 8PM on Wednesday evenings. For Sunday shopping, your best bets are the street markets, Camden Lock Market probably being the best for clothing, crafts and antiques.

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 05:00 AM
Janne

There're some shops open in Queensway in Bayswater. These are mainly smaller shops, however.

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 07:12 AM
Nicole

Kate, <BR>Another very large shopping area is Tottenham Court Road -- this is mainly electronics. It's just a little east of Oxford Street, which as you mentioned in another very large shopping area.