Search

Shannon to London air fare

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shannon to London air fare

Need help Fodorites;
Delta was charging $110 for the short flight from Shannon to London (Sunday March 28, 2004) & Aer Lingus is charging about 85 Euro. Has anybody had any experience with Ryan Air? Their rates seem to low, surely there must be a catch. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:01 AM

Hi Greg

I've used Ryanair from Ireland to London many times without any major hiccups. I've also used them to fly on further within Europe and have never had any problems. Would recommend them for this type of flight. However if you are connecting to another flight in London, leave plenty of time as there are sometimes delays
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

No, going to stay in London for a few day so I will need all the money saved on the flight will be put to good use.

Thanks greg
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:57 AM

The only 'catch' with Ryaniar is, as their website makes clear, they are a point-to-point airline and do not make connections. So if your incoming Delta flight is delayed and you miss the Ryainair flight, they take no responsibility over re-booking you on another flight. And more than likely you have to pay for your flight again. Also if their flight is cancelled and there is no further flight that day, they won't transfer you to another airline or pay for hotel or meals. So if all goes well you save handsomely. If not and you are stranded, it can turn out to be an expensive bargain.
Old May 27th, 2003, 02:11 PM
rex

The baggage "allowance" is another "catch" - - 6 € for each kilo above 20 kg per person (this supposedly includes any carry-on, but on three recent Ryanair flights, earlier this month, they did not weigh carry-on bags)

Despite this, I remain a loyal Ryanair fan. Our family of five flew from Graz, Austria to London for 117 € total last week, then "day-tripped" to Scotland for less than 150 GBP (round trip). 80% of the fare was taxes. These prices are not per person - - price we paid for all five of us.

Best wishes,

Rex