Search

shangri-la

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 02:12 PM
new traveller

shangri-la

Where is it. I have heard it is really beautiful, full of wonderful people. I would like to go and experience this spiritual country. Emotionally needy at these times.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 04:49 PM
mia

Maybe depending on what your feeling needy about-there are certain places that will soothe you-My son -after living all of his life in the Northeast US, traveled to Nepal.He was so sick of rude,noisy,pushy,bad driving,inconsiderate people(his words-he was young)---and when in Nepal he was amazed at the naive seeming,innocent behaving,kind,friendly,warm,generous people that he met everywhere..he became ill with altitude sickness and was helped by strangers, then he got sick from the dreaded water germs, and again, everyone helped him and was kind, the man from the hotel would bring him hot tea in the morning and check on him-this was not a room service hotel.So,what I am trying to say is-that place that you envision that will feed your soul and give you back your spirit, might be nearby or the last place you would think-mine was Tennessee! my daughter had been in a auto accident and was in a hospital in the Cumberland Mts.I had to rush to her, by plane and car~the people at the hotel would ask me each day how she was, one night when I was so tired and broke down crying , the girl delivering room service, put her arms around me and comforted me.The little ladies from the church brought my child homemade cookies and cards they had made.The local trucker took me to the scene of the accident and helped me take photos.I and my daughter got through that, with the kindness of dear wonderful people...right here in the US! <BR>So..I hope you find yours, it is out there-

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 06:23 PM
new traveller

Oh MAMA MIA, I know what you're saying. Thank you I no longer feel needy.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Lisabeth

What an absolutely wonderful story -- thank you, Mia!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 03:51 PM
x

TTT !!!

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 12:02 PM
kate

Sometimes home can be my shangri-la..it is lovely,to me.Full of wonderful(to me) people and little creatures..(can't forget them!) and when times are scarey and one feels better not venturing out-some quiet music,a few candles and a cozy corner can be all the solace that I need.Mia-I am sure your home is a place of comfort for the spirit..what a lovely story.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 12:52 PM
drifter

I like to go out on a lake in a boat and just drift.I guess that could be my shangri-la, no noise from other people,no crowds,whatever is bothering me seems to sort of go away.Then life as usual is easier to deal with..

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 07:11 PM
t

ttt