Search

Seville Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 04:37 PM
Bob

Seville Lodging

<BR> <BR> Message: We are thinking of staying in a "hostel" in Seville <BR> when we travel through next September and October (4 <BR> nights total).From what I can tell the difference between a <BR> hostel and a hotel is that a hostel does not offer a "breakfast" <BR> and the rooms tend to be minimal in size. <BR> We are real "get out there" travelers so the "hotel <BR> experience" is not very important to us as long as it is <BR> comfortable for sleeping. <BR> I would appreciate any input. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 04:07 AM
Rhonda

Bob, I'm surprised no-one's replied to you yet. Unfortunately, I can't help, but have you looked at www.madridman.com ? Someone here put me on to this great site, so hopefully you'll find your answers there too.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Pedro

Here you might have some accommodation: <BR>www.sol.com <BR> <BR>I understand hostels are basic, it depends but consider they are generally clean, old buildings, some of them with plenty of character and good situation, no breakfast, etc. <BR> <BR>Among the tight budget accommodation in Sevilla, it would probably be fine to check Hotel Simon, Hosteria del Laurel or Hotel La Rabida ( it may be closed for renovation ).

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 09:47 PM
Margo

SIMÓN (LA): Calle Garcia Vinuesa 19, 41001. Tel: 95-4226660. Fax: 95-4562241. <BR>Website: http:/www.hotelsimonsevilla.com/ <BR>E-mail: [email protected] (29 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 7500ptas/45EURO (8500ptas/51EURO fiesta) single; 11500ptas/69EURO (14000ptas/84EURO fiesta) double; 15500ptas/93EURO (18000ptas/108EURO fiesta) double salon. Call for triple/quad rates. Breakfast (8-11:30am) at 700ptas/4EURO pp can be served in the room & in the interior patio in warm weather. Visa, MC, AX, DC. English spoken (Dario), no TV, rotary phones, hairdriers, wonderful charming restored 18th-century Sevillian mansion w/old-fashioned furnished & individually decorated nice-size rms., new modern bathrooms, high ceilings, wonderful ambience, old tiled flrs., all single rms. face interior; there are 3 other rms. similar to #217 (small rms. w/small double beds & showers) that are for a single but discounted for 2 people; #215 (large rm. w/queen-size bed, 2 chairs & balcony that faces the street), 310 (large rm. w/2 twin beds & balcony that faces the street) & 308 (nice-size double bed & balcony that faces the street) are for a double; #201 (2 rms. w/4 twin beds & large windows w/balconies that face the street) & 104 are for a family; 10 rms. w/balconies face street but w/o views, laundry services, garden, delightful interior patio, great location, elevator, 2 flrs. Owned by Francisca Garcia Canet & managed by Francisco Aguayo. From Plaza Nueva, take Calle Barcelona, turn right onto Calle Guichot/Gamazo, turn left onto Jimios, turn right onto Garcia Vinuesa.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Kim

Bob, <BR>I have spent a lot of time in Sevilla and have stayed at some of the hostels. I would characterize them as small inns. In the Barrio de Santa Cruz, which is a neat area to be in, there are some good ones. Hostal Murillo is one I would recommend. I stayed at one called Hostal Monreal - it was beautiful and they had great food.