Seville in December

Search

Seville in December

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seville in December

I'll be in Seville during the first week of December and I would like to get some advice about tours, hotels and restaurants. Also, what is the weather like in December?

Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 06:14 PM

I was there last November/December and posted a trip report dated 12/13/03. Search for it under my name.

The report includes where I stayed, restaurants we ate at (and there are some excellent ones) and must sees. Hope it helps your planning.
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 06:17 PM

I was in Seville in May and found it to be an enchanting city. We stayed at the Hotel Alcantara in the Barrio Santa Cruz and loved it. You can't beat the price and location for a simple hotel!

http://www.hotelalcantara.net/

Here is a copy of my past post from Seville...

I just returned from Seville and here are my secret tips...

1. Any time spent in the Bario Santa Cruz is well worth it. Get lost in the back alleys and side streets. Find a little square, sit and relax!

2. (this is a copy of a previous post and this show is right at the Hotel Alcantara) We went to a show that we felt was really authentic. It is the Casa de Memoria and is located in the Bario santa Cruz. The show is in a small picturesque courtyard and performed in front of small groups. I really felt the passion of the performers and recognize them as true artists. There are a number of different shows and the staff will be happy to explain them to you (in good english). I think there is sometimes 2 or 3 shows a night depending on the demand. The best part? The cost is only 11 euro a person and well worth it. The show is performed in a small Sevillain courtyard so arrive at least 30-45 minutes early to secure a place in line. On cool night bring a sweater or jacket since the performance is in a courtyard and open to the cool air. It is located at C/ Ximenez de Enciso 28 in the Bario Santa Cruz. This is off the C/ Santa Maria La Blanca near a little square where you can get Tapas, dinner or a little snack before the show. Stop by right when you arrive in Seville to purchase tickets as they sell them during the day (warning they are closed during siesta). They have an email at [email protected] if you want to ask questions.

I put some pics I took of the place on my photo sight...

http://photos.yahoo.com/richardabfodors

3. The Tapas (especially the Jamone) at Casa Román at Plaza de los Venerables was the best we ate. The they serve is "acorn fed". Its in the Bario Santa Cruz near the Alcazar.

4. The food at ENRIQUE BECERRA was horrible and the worst and most expensive we ate.

5. OK I know I am in Spain but the Italian food at Pizzería San Marco was excellent. We went there one night when we wanted a simple dinner. It is not really a "pizzeria". It is an Italian restaurant in a former Arab bathhouse. Very nice. In the Bario santa Cruz at Calle Mesón de Moro 6.

6. For a lovely meal in a nice setting try the inexpensive price fixed lunch in the cafe at Taverna del Alabardero on
Calle Zaragoza 20. It was by far the most elegant and best priced meal we had in Seville.

7. One night when we wanted something different we went to As-Sawirah on
Galena 5 in the Arenal district. The food is Moroccan including coucous and tajines. The service and atmosphere is excellent!

8. My friends loved Bar Modesto at Cano y Cueto 5 in the Bario Santa Cruz, but i did not. I am not a big seafood fan and this place delivers platefuls!

9. Pastry at La Campana at c/ Sierpes 1 is absolutely delicious. Get the one that had the marshmallow on the top. I think its called a Chantilly. YUMMY!

10. Sit and smell the orange blossoms and the fragrance in the air. It's dreamy.

A photo log of this post is on my yahoo sight.

http://photos.yahoo.com/richardabfodors

Look for the folder called "Seville Food"
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice!