Seville bullfight tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2023, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what is the official site for tickets in Seville? I am not looking to buy resale and both of these sites have very different pricing for what appears to be the same tickets. Are either of these legitimate sites or is there another place I should purchase from? I know this is a hot topic and before you slam me for going to the bullfight at all, please know that we all have different opinions on the matter and this is not the place to debate that. I appreciate the help in where to purchase tickets - much thanks!

https://www.servitoro.com/en/3376-bu...llfight-8.html
https://www.taquillaoficial.com/eng/...la/c-4047.html
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 05:45 AM

If no one on Fodors knows the answer, can you ask your hotel concierge for help?

Last edited by Moderator1; Feb 21st, 2023 at 08:20 AM. Reason: removed reference to deleted posts
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 08:22 AM
Forum Moderator

We deleted a couple of argumentative posts. As mentioned in the OP "we all have different opinions on the matter and this is not the place to debate that."
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 09:02 AM

I don’t know which, if either, is the official site, but probably the cheaper of the two. If it’s any guidance, Sol means seats in the sun the whole time, while Sombra means shade, and Sol y Sombra are seats partly in the sun or shade as the afternoon progresses. The tickets are also priced according to how far they are from the ring.

I’ve never been to a bullfight in Spain, but confess to attending a few in Mexico when much younger, one at the Plaza de Toros in Mexico City. The Mexican aficionados weren’t always well behaved. These days I have no desire to attend another bullfight
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 10:12 AM

Have you tried Trip Advisor's forums? They often have a lot of local participation that may have more knowledge over official ticket outfits. The question may have already been posed on there as well, something to consider prior to posting.

I can't say you won't get some snarky responses there, either, though.
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you haven't been to a bullfight before, I'd suggest sitting farther back from the ring, in the shade. This is because you'll have a better view of the action as a whole, and will be spared some of the gorier aspects. It's also cheaper. You might want to read Hemingway's *Death in the Afternoon* to help understand what you're seeing. I attended a number of fights in Madrid and Seville. It's strong stuff and I'm not sure I'd go back. I know my wife won't.
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 10:58 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Fra_Diavolo
If you haven't been to a bullfight before, I'd suggest sitting farther back from the ring, in the shade. This is because you'll have a better view of the action as a whole, and will be spared some of the gorier aspects. It's also cheaper. You might want to read Hemingway's *Death in the Afternoon* to help understand what you're seeing. I attended a number of fights in Madrid and Seville. It's strong stuff and I'm not sure I'd go back. I know my wife won't.
Why not describe it to us in your own words?
Others might find it helpful.
After all, this is supposed to be a site for sharing travel experiences.

Last edited by Moderator1; Feb 21st, 2023 at 11:34 AM.
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 11:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Please keep to the original topic
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by cdnyul
Why not describe it to us in your own words?
Others might find it helpful.
After all, this is supposed to be a site for sharing travel experiences.
I think it is best to avoid describing that, not that I am trying to put words in Fra's mouth . The moderators already has deleted some posts and such descriptions will lead into a debate, which the OP has already asked us not to veer into.

The OP asked a question about tickets. The topic can stop there, truly. We can honor his/her request for information without giving opinions on the practice.

Last edited by Moderator1; Feb 21st, 2023 at 11:38 AM. Reason: removed quote of a deleted passage
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone and thank you to the moderator for cleaning it up! I do appreciate everyones input. Yes - Shade and higher up and checking with the hotel is a great idea! Thank you again
Old Feb 26th, 2023, 08:17 PM

I loved the bullfight in Seville. I know it’s a controversial opinion, but it was a magical dance that was absolutely mesmerizing. If you haven’t already read The Sun Also Rises for an excellent and still accurate description. We bought tickets off the resellers on Calle Sierpes years ago and they were actually legit (we were worried), but not sure if that even happens anymore. Definitely sol y sombra (sun to shade) or sombra (shade).
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 02:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tammychicago
I loved the bullfight in Seville. I know it’s a controversial opinion, but it was a magical dance that was absolutely mesmerizing. If you haven’t already read The Sun Also Rises for an excellent and still accurate description. We bought tickets off the resellers on Calle Sierpes years ago and they were actually legit (we were worried), but not sure if that even happens anymore. Definitely sol y sombra (sun to shade) or sombra (shade).
How does it compare to pig wrestling or calf roping?

Old Feb 27th, 2023, 06:59 AM

Well, that seems to be a silly question, I´m sorry to say that. Not a big fan of bullfighting, but if you would learn a bit about it, there´s a protocol, it´s a kind of a game with rules of do´s and don´ts, a President that rules over the show, a music that accompanies the different stages, and an organization of the bullfight that has to be respected. Many people (other considerations apart) consider it an art. It´s not "let a bull loose and see what happens", very, very far from it.
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by mikelg
Well, that seems to be a silly question, I´m sorry to say that. Not a big fan of bullfighting, but if you would learn a bit about it, there´s a protocol, it´s a kind of a game with rules of do´s and don´ts, a President that rules over the show, a music that accompanies the different stages, and an organization of the bullfight that has to be respected. Many people (other considerations apart) consider it an art. It´s not "let a bull loose and see what happens", very, very far from it.
I only asked a taxi driver in Madrid about the timing of the bullfighting season, when he started talking about hypocrisy of those who criticize the custom but still kill animals in various ways, and not just for food.
A lot of room for debate.
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 09:45 AM
Forum Moderator

It is apparently not possible to keep to the OP's topic so we are closing this thread.