Search

Sept trip?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2000, 08:49 AM
Don

Sept trip?

I am planning to go to Paris this fall, is Sept. too crowded there? Should I wait until mid Oct? When is the best time after Sept 1 to go for less crowds, best weather and best values?

Old May 25th, 2000, 08:54 AM
Rex

It used to be that crowds were noticeably smaller and airfares significantly cheaper, but the world seems to have discovered what a wonderful month September is. It's still wonderful for weather and the "fermetures" of August will have ended. It's my favorite month for Europe, with June a close second (the weather seems to be more unpredictable in June, but the days are inherently longer, which can be nice).

Old May 25th, 2000, 10:44 AM
elvira

Paris is always crowded (think: when is New York City not crowded?), so it's a matter of degrees (and degrees, if you catch my drift). <BR> <BR>I love Paris in October - fewer tourists and cooler temperatures. Packed subways in 80 degrees are lots worse than semi-packed subways in 50 degrees. <BR> <BR>Almost no white knees or dimpled thighs in sight. <BR> <BR>If you are a photographer, the light in October is stupendous. <BR> <BR>Fall food, like stews and cassoulets, and produce, like apples and squashes, are in abundance. <BR> <BR>Next year's calendars are out. <BR> <BR>Airfares are cheaper. <BR> <BR>Opera, theatre, symphony, dance are in full swing. <BR> <BR>I'm there.

Old May 26th, 2000, 05:51 PM
Cyntha

<BR>Don...the last two weeks of September and the first week of October are (or at least have been) perfect to/for us...only one rainy day. Later in October is too iffy. <BR>Forget crowds during this time... <BR>Just enjoy! Hope you're staying on the Left Bank!

Old May 26th, 2000, 07:35 PM
Tricia

When making a query for airline fares know that some airline don't lower their fares until Sept 9 or thereabouts