Reload this Page >

Sept. 2001 Honeymoon

Search

Sept. 2001 Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 06:34 PM
jo

Sept. 2001 Honeymoon

I am trying to plan a honeymoon for late Sept. 2001. Having been to Europe only once, any help would be greatly appreciated. There seem like there are so many places to visit. We are probably looking to spend about 5K. Is this possible? Any suggestions? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>JO

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 06:48 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Jo, That is a great time for a honeymoon <BR>in Europe--especially Italy. You do not say how long you will be there. The budget sounds reasonable for a good 12 <BR>day itinerary, but the airfare will be the big variable. Also, car versus rail <BR>travel will be crucial. Give me a better <BR>idea of your travel style and perhaps I can help. In the meantime, take a quick <BR>look at these sample itineraries to get your juices flowing. Obviously, there are many variations on these themes, but <BR>at least a good place to start. CONGRATS <BR> <BR>BOB the NAVIGATORS’ FIVE FAVORITE ITINERARIES <BR>______________________________________________ ________________________ MAGICAL FAIRYLANDS: <BR> * Arrive and depart from Munich--14 nites--May thru Sep.--car travel <BR> * ITINERARY: Salzburg, Dolomites, Venice, Lake Garda, Bavaria <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>BELLA ITALIA: <BR> * Arrive Milan, depart Venice--15 nites--car & train travel--April thru Oct. <BR> * ITINERARY: The Lakes, Ligurian coast, Tuscany, Florence, Venice <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>CLASSIC ITALIA: <BR> * Arrive & depart Rome--12 to 14 nites--car & train travel, all year <BR> * ITINERARY: Tuscan & Umbrian hill towns, Florence, Rome <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>LA DOLCE VITA: <BR> * Arrive & depart Rome--12 nites--car & train travel--March thru Oct. <BR> * ITINERARY: Amalfi coast, Tuscany hill towns, Rome <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>OF ALPS & LAKES: <BR> <BR> * Arrive and depart Zurich--12 nites--train travel--June thru Sep. <BR> * ITINERARY: Berner Oberland, Lugano, Lake Como, Luzern <BR> <BR>======================================== <BR>BOB THE NAVIGATOR [email protected]

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 06:56 PM
jo

Bob, <BR> <BR>12 days was the ideal length for travel. In terms of transportation, I was thinking car, but if training is easier, then that too would be great. <BR> <BR>JO

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 07:06 PM
Karen

GREECE!!!! <BR> <BR>STUNNING/ADVENTEROUS/CHEAP <BR> <BR>For a honeymoon, I wouldn't jump between too many islands. Naxos/Santorini/Paros. We did a three week holiday to Greece/Turkey for approximately ~ 6 Thousand (Canadian). <BR> <BR>Please e-mail me for anymore info

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 04:29 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>However much time you have I would suggest confining traveling around to the first half of the trip and allowing at least 3 or 4 full days at the end in one relaxing locationne Greek Island, one Italian lake, or etc. That way you will have done some sightseeing, but you also will have had some quieter magic time to remember as you board the plane for home.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 05:06 AM
Larry

Hi, I agree with Elaine. We did a whirlwind trip in Italy, Tuscany, Umbria,Florence, Rome and Venice and then mellowed out in the Cinque Terre using Santa Margherita Ligure as our base for three days - worked out great.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 06:01 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Jo, The itinerary will really dictate your choice of car or trains--or both--<BR>but my comment was about the potential budget impact. Car rentals are expensive in Italy. You should plan for<BR>about $200/day for food and lodging if you want a 3 star experience. Venice is the exception--very expensive. You talk<BR>about what strikes your fancy. There are<BR>several good options here but it all depends on what you may prefer.