Seine River Cruise

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Danny

Seine River Cruise

I know, I know. . . . It may be considered by many to be "too touristy", but I figure that it has to be done! Can anyone recommend a night cruise on a boat in which there are not that many people. Something more intimate. No dinner-cruises. Is this possible or are all the Boats filled to capacity with Hundreds of people

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 06:50 PM
francia

Well, yes, the boats are a bit filled to capacity with tourists-that's the idea. Other than that maybe rent a rowboat?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Sue

Danny,

When I was in Paris in September, they were having some sort of festival along the banks of the river with wine tasting and food. I tasted wine and when I found one I liked, bought the bottle and asked for a glass.

It was about 8 pm and I boarded the Batobus and took the round trip drinking my wine and enjoying the sights at night.

My point being that it could have been quite romantic if I hadn't been alone!! But the boat was on the last round trip and there weren't too many people on board.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Lisa

Which is more beautiful, taking the cruise during the day or at night? I would love to read various opinions!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:06 AM
maryann

My husband and I were in Paris last month and we took the cruise at night (without the dinner) around 9pm, we loved it. We really did not make any reservations and the were barely any lines. The boats are pretty full but nothing you can't handle. There were plenty of seats for everybody.
We loved it because they give you an audio tour of the city along with some of its history. Seeing the Eiffel tower and Notre Dame light up at night is magical!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:12 AM
elaine

Danny
As Seine cruises go, the company
Vedettes de Pont Neuf has boats that are relatively smaller.

I have a file on Paris; if you'd like to see it, email me.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:13 AM
Mike

Does anybody know if the Seine River is too high from the winter rains for the cruise boats to go under the bridges? I am particularly looking at plans for a Vedettes de Pont Neuf departure and wondering if I need to change my itinerary.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:17 AM
Eye Spy

Go straight to the source. I like the Bâteaux-Mouches. The boats are very big with ample space both ondeck and inside.

http://www.bateaux-mouches.fr/

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:23 AM
Candy

Sue,
When in September did you go? That festival sounds like a lot of fun. We are always looking for a wine we might like.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:53 AM
Maribel

Mike,
Last week the water was too high, and the Vedettes de Pont Neuf weren't running. We didn't see any boats in operation at all. But the situation may have changed by now...

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:03 AM
kim

How far is the Vendettes du pont neuf from the Eiffel Tower, is it easy to get to (within walking distance?)