Reload this Page >

Seine boat tours

Search

Seine boat tours

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 11:36 AM
claire

Seine boat tours

Can you tell me a little more about the night cruises on the Seine? I'd really like to go on a river tour that doesn't involve dinner. I've got a million restaurants on my list, and wouldn't want to waste a meal. I'd appreciate any advice on these tours and specific tour companies. <BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 11:58 AM
alex

Several companies: (1)Bateaux Parisiens-01 44 11 33 44;(2) Bateaux Mouches-01 42 25 96 10; (3)Vedettes de Pont Neuf- 01 53 00 98 98 (4) Vedettes de Paris-01 47 05 71 29. I share your hesitancy about the dinner cruises, though some swear they're teriffic. The meal cruises require reservations. We've just hopped on the first passing one near the Eiffel Tower. It swung around and back at the Ile de la Cite. Nice view of Notre Dame and other sites from below. Nice orientation tour. It was pleasant enough. Also wanted to take the BatoBus, the limited stop shuttle service this spring, but, the weather did not permit.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:08 PM
travellyn

I liked the Bateaux Mouches last month. I think others are a lot more upscale, but the cruise was nice and the price was right.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Kathie

I can't remember the name of the company, but the boats leave from under Pont Neuf on the Ile side. It was a pleasant, reasonably priced ride and the live narration was in French and charmingly accented English only (I'm not interested in hearing a recording in six languages, as was the case with one bus tour I took).

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Nyet

Just go for the ride without the dinner and save your money for a nice dinner at one of the restaurants on land. Enjoy the cruise as you will see practically all the historical and well known buildings. Go int he evening just before sunset which offers the best of the cruise. I was there last month and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise which is leisurely and fun. Gowith Bateaux Mouche. They are reasonable.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Here today

For Carol. Au Revoir!

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 05:54 PM
xxx

I also recommend Bateaux Mouches -- it's been a while since I've been on one, but I really enjoyed it (and the price was truly right )

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 07:52 PM

Topping for Claire.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 02:44 AM
Gretchen

There are several companies doing river "cruises" or transportation. Itried to post one link but it didn't work. If you google and put in "bateaux Paris" you will get a number of links that describe the tours and river transportation. <BR>The dinner cruise is 500FF (in one link). We have heard it is not worth it except if you do the REALLY expensive one on an old launch called the Don Juan (I think).