Reload this Page >

Segovia and Avila

Search

Segovia and Avila

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 05:26 PM
Linda

Segovia and Avila

Can we do both of these cities in a one-day trip from Madrid? If so, what would be the best way, transportation wise? Or should we drop one of the cities? If so,, which one?

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 06:52 PM
Graziella

I think is one city too many.<BR>I prefer Segovia but this is personal, is I had to choose although it is farther away I would choose without any hesitation Salamanca. This is a jewel. and if possible I would stay one night.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:42 PM
Art

Linda, yes you can do both cities in one day. We took a tour that we purchased at our hotel. We stopped in Avilla and spent some time in the Catedrial, wandered around a little viewed the wall around the city than on to Segovia. We had time to wander around a little, had a nice lunch and then back to Madrid.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:52 PM
Art

Linda, I know this is not like you, but, do you realize that you posted this questions at least 4 times?<BR>Regards<BR>Art<BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Linda

You're correct, Art, it's not like me. I really only posted it once. Somehow it appeared 4 times. (And believe me, I only clicked on "Post My Reply" one time.) I can only assume this is one of the hiccups that has developed with the work they are doing on the forum. I have noticed more than the usual number of doubles in the last 2 days. And thank you about the suggestion for the tour. I had not thought of that. Do you recommend a particular company?

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Art

Linda, I'm sorry, I don't remember the tour company. I just booked at my the Hotel Mora where I was staying. I'm sure that any hotel could book you for a tour. The desks have several tour guide brochures to choose from and I just booked the one I liked best.<BR>Regards<BR>Art<BR><BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Linda

Thanks, Art.