Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Will the latest travel caution issued by the U.S. State Department affect your European vacation plans?

Will the latest travel caution issued by the U.S. State Department affect your European vacation plans?

Jun 24th, 2001, 05:45 AM
xxx

U.S. Troops on high alert after what appear to be serious threats of terrorism against the US and its citizens. A terrorist connected with Bin Laden was aprehended in Spain, on his way up to France. What do you think?

Jun 24th, 2001, 06:56 AM
TTT

Any thoughts or advice on this topic?

Jun 24th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Eli

Based on the information supplied by xxx, looks like Spain & France are safe now... Don't you think?

Jun 24th, 2001, 07:55 AM
xxx

Brilliant deduction, Eli. Good thing you contributed.

Jun 24th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Rex

This terrorist they apprehended - - any idea when he will be released? or is this one less person I should try to recruit for the fall fodorites' trip?

I think I have been sitting at the computer too long. time to go do something else...

Best wishes,

Rex
www.rexbickers.italy.com

Jun 24th, 2001, 06:46 PM
elvira

I travelled to Europe during Desert Storm, and Northern Ireland after the truce was ended.

I'm more likely to get hit by a Phoenix driver than get blown up at a Paris cafe.